The LRC has a multitude of study spaces that cater to both individual and collaborative study habits. All of the LRC spaces can be reserved. Find out here!
LRC Computer Lab
- 20-seat lab with dual-boot computers (Mac and Windows)
- Access to specialized software, including self-study language software, proofing tools and foreign language keyboards
- Faculty are encouraged to reserve the lab for class when technology is essential. Use the lab for in-class learning activities, such as pronunciation/phonetics practice and collaborative multimedia projects, or for regular class meeting space.
Lounge (Room 6)
- Collaborative space with foreign newspapers and books for pleasure reading
- The lounge may be reserved for academic activities and/or social functions. Study abroad meetings, tutoring sessions, department meetings and teas, technology seminars, end-of-year gatherings and department at-homes are a few of the recent events held in the LRC lounge.
- Circulation of LRC materials and course reserves (for faculty- or department-owned materials)
- Equipment checkout
- Growing selection of learning materials, including videos, tapes, software, and dictionaries
- LRC student consultants are available to offer support with language-learning strategies and technology for language learning.
Multimedia Studios (Rooms 6D, 6E, 6F, 6G)
- Sound-proof multimedia studios with white board, DVD/VHS players, EyeTV (watch or record multiregional media)
- Recommended for oral testing, Skype interviews, audio/video recording and editing
- Seats for 1-3 students
Small Group Room (Room 6A)
- Same features as multimedia studios in a larger space (4-6 students), includes wall-mounted widescreen TV
- Great private space for tutoring, group projects, online video conferences (Skype and Zoom)