Announcing the 2012 LTC!
Thursday, March 1, 2012, 8 pm, Blanchard Great Room
Enjoy dramatic and musical performances in languages from around the world! Vote for your favorites to determine the winners in the musical category.
The Language Theatre Contest is sponsored by the Language Resource Center to celebrate languages and challenge our language students to practice their developing skills! Performances are judged by two students: a native speaker, who scores based on language usage, and someone with no knowledge of the language, who scores based on performance value.
Volunteers needed! Serve as a judge, a language mentor or a performance mentor. Contact the LRC to get involved.
- Application Form (print and submit on paper, or complete document and submit via email)
- Info Sheet(more detailed information)
- Judging Criteria (draft - final version will be distributed at dress rehearsal)
Tentative Prize List!
Thanks to the generosity of businesses in the Five College community, we have received the following prize donations so far:
- Antonio's Pizza: $20 in Gift Certificates
- Autentica: $15 Gift Certificate
- Crazy Moon: $15 Gift Certificate
- Fresh Side Eatery & Teas: $15 Gift Certificate
- LimeRed Teahouse: $30 in Gift Certificates
- MHC Bookstore: 3 Notebooks, 2 Lanyards, 1 MHC Water Bottle, 1 T-Shirt, and 1 Visor
- Ochoa Day Spa and Ochoa for Hair: $25 Gift Certificate
- The Odyssey Bookshop: $20 Gift Certificate
- Osaka: $30 Gift Certificate
- Rao's: $25 in Gift Certificates
- Starbucks: Mug and Coffee Beans
- Thai Garden: $30 Gift Certificate
- UMass Fine Arts Center/Asian Arts and Culture Program: 2 Tickets to Tao: The Way of the Drum and 2 Tickets to The Knights
Video Highlights from the 2011 LTC: