Mount Holyoke is obviously doing something right, judging from the praise in news reports published this summer in Time, New Republic, Princeton Review, and other media outlets. Here's a sample of our recent coverage:
- MHC rated tops for classroom experience: A new Princeton Review guide puts MHC in the top ten nationally for “best classroom experience” and on its list of 379 best colleges.
- MHC named a “best value college” again: The Fiske Guide to Colleges and the Princeton Review both named Mount Holyoke among the nation's "best value" private colleges and universities.
- Article boosts liberal arts focus over Ivies: A thought-provoking New Republic article argues that MHC and other smaller liberal arts colleges give students a better education than larger Ivy League universities.
- MHC ahead of the curve in work-world prep: A Time magazine article, noting that many colleges don’t give students real-world job skills, named Mount Holyoke as a laudable exception to the rule.
- Role of women’s colleges aired in “Diverse”: President Lynn Pasquerella was interviewed about the selling points of, and challenges facing, women’s colleges in “Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.”