The Department of Theatre Arts will present First Impressions, a day of interactive workshops on portfolio, résumé, and career preparation, on Saturday, October 26 from 9 am to 3 pm in Rooke Theatre.
The program of interactive workshops brings together theatre professionals from major graduate programs and agencies to offer career advice and preparation skills to Five College theatre students. Participants will have the opportunity to schedule private sessions with experienced designers and directors and gain valuable feedback on their own "first impression."
“This event will be ideal for theatre students preparing themselves for their next big step to graduate school or for work in the professional theatre,” said Susan Daniels, chair of the Department of Theatre Arts.
The day’s guests will include:
- Ilona Somogy, the advisor for the design and costume design program at Yale Repertory Theatre;
- Jack Nardi, executive technical director for Connecticut Repertory Theatre;
- Jacques Lamarre, nonprofit arts marketing and public relations professional;
- Deborah Levy-Holleran '79, commercial talent agent;
- Rachel Putnam, production manager for the Majestic Theater in West Springfield; and
- Sam Rush, cofounder and producing artistic director for New Century Theatre.
Registration is required for this program; contact email@example.com or call 413-538-2834.