Access and Inclusion
Jump to content
Jump to Navigation
Visit the campus updates page for information on Mount Holyoke's response to the global pandemic. The Opening the Gates site also contains details about the fall semester.
You are here
The MHC Shakti Program
Committed to developing the next generation of women leaders
The 2020 MHC Shakti conference has been cancelled due to COVID-19. We expect to host the conference again in 2021.
MHC Shakti is a two-day conference for girls in grades 11 or 12 in which participants will:
- become more confident in their own voices and values
- develop skills and strategies to create and maximize networking opportunities (how to present oneself — physically and verbally)
- become more aware of their identities and the way their backgrounds shape them
- prepare for success while pursuing aspirations in harmony with one's values
- understand the challenges faced by women in leadership and identify ways to navigate these obstacles
- engage in conversations about gender equity
Get the details about the program — dates, venues, costs and financial aid.
Learn about the activities designed to affirm each participant’s voice, background and passions.
Hear from past participants, speakers and family members about the impact of MHC Shakti.
See the list of prestigious women leaders who have spoken at the MHC Shakti Program since it was first held in 2016.
Learn about deadlines and requirements.
The aim of the inaugural conference was to ignite leadership in ambitious young women to unlock their potential. Learn how the conference has evolved.
A Member of the