The Miller Worley Center for the Environment offers competitive summer fellowships which fund high-quality, selected internships developed exclusively for Mount Holyoke students. These fellowships fund opportunities at established nonprofit organizations and are individually arranged with sponsors to provide students with connections beyond those offered by typical internship programs. Students with interest and relevant background, and majoring in any field, may apply.
These funded positions will be awarded during the spring semester to qualified candidates. Students must apply to these internships through LyonNet. The selected students are expected to follow the MHC internship guidelines throughout their internship. (If you do not see any of these internships listed on LyonNet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curated Internship Host Organizations*
- Audubon Puffin Project - Rockland, ME
- Community Food and Justice Coalition - Oakland, CA
- Elwha River Restoration Project - Port Townsend, WA
- Gardening the Community - Springfield, MA
- Greenpop Urban Forestry - Cape Town, South Africa
- Hampshire College Farm Center - South Amherst, MA
- Harvard Forest** - Petersham, MA
- Hitchcock Center for Environment - South Amherst, MA
- Massachusetts Department of Fisheries & Wildlife - Northampton, MA
- MHC Botanic Garden - South Hadley, MA
- MHC Campus Sustainability - South Hadley, MA
- MHC Restoration Ecology Program - South Hadley, MA
- Miller Worley Center for the Environment - South Hadley, MA
- Nkwa Foundation Community Development - Cape Coast, Ghana
- TNC Connecticut River Watershed Conservation - Northampton, MA
- Roger Tory Peterson Estuary Center - Old Lyme, CT
- USFW IT Specialist - Hadley, MA
- USFW Long Island National Wildlife Refuge Complex - Shirley, NY
- USFW Migratory Birds Office - Hadley, MA
- World Wildlife Fund China/Green Shift Initiative - Beijing, China
* Students interested in these internships must apply through the LyonNet web page.
**The Harvard Forest internship requires a dual application process through LyonNet and directly with the Forest.