The Center for the Environment offers competitive summer Leadership Fellowships, which fund challenging internships arranged exclusively for Mount Holyoke students. These fellowships fund opportunities at selected nonprofit organizations and are individually arranged with sponsors to provide students with connections beyond those offered by typical internship programs. Students with interest and relevant background, and majoring in any field, may apply.
These funded positions will be awarded during the spring semester to qualified candidates. Starting November 1, 2014 students can apply to these internships through LyonNet. The selected students are expected to follow the MHC internship guidelines throughout their internship. (If you do not see any of these internships listed on LyonNet, please email email@example.com)
Potential Fellowship Hosts
- Community Food and Justice Coalition
- Gardening the Community
- Greenpop, South Africa
- Hampshire College Farm Center
- Harvard Forest - Deadline February 6, 2015
- Heifer International
- Hitchcock Center for Environment
- International Rivers
- National Audubon Society - Puffin Internship - Deadline February 6, 2015
- Nuestras Raices
- The Breast Cancer Fund
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies - Ecology Research
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Washington, D.C.
- William Cullen Bryant Homestead - (Research positions)
Please note: Students cannot apply for these internships by directly communicating with the sponsor.