As Garden Assistant working with the Garden Coordinator, you will play a key role growing food for Bountiful Brookline (BB). This internship requires significant time in the gardens as well as providing support for youth programs and garden volunteer activities. This intern will also be responsible for managing our produce sales and donations to the Brookline Food Pantry.
Ideal candidates will be excited to be a part of a community initiative that is in an important growing phase, and will enthusiastically contribute where needed to the overall development of Bountiful Brookline. Working with a diverse group of community members and local agencies and institutions this internship offers an opportunity to experience many facets of operating and growing a grassroots community organization.
• Help coordinate day-to-day work at our community garden sites, including garden maintenance, produce sales, and produce deliveries
• Assist with volunteer management and workdays in BB gardens
• Support BB programs to increase food production across the community
• Support summer youth program and special initiatives in the gardens
• Contribute garden articles for blog and summer newsletter
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with vegetable gardening and/or farming and farm stand operations
• Grasp of urban agriculture and organic growing principles
• Experience with hands on education programs and working with youth
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Self-motivated, independent worker
• Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
• Comfortable working in a nontraditional work environment
Available through the Center for the Environment Summer Leadership Fellowship Program; see application instructions.
Along with the Universal Application students must submit a cover letter describing their interests, experiences, and how this internship fits their career interest, a resume, writing example and three references with contact information.