Bountiful Brookline - Program Assistant
The Program Assistent will support day-to-day operations and administrative needs as well as participate in special projects. There will be an opportunity to assist with seasonal and membership programs and events as well as garden activities. This intern will also have a key role contributing to and maintaining Bountiful Brookline’s social and print media including our blog and seasonal newsletter.
Ideal candidates will be excited to be a part of a community initiative that is in an important growing phase, and will enthusiastically contribute where needed to the overall development of Bountiful Brookline. Working with a diverse group of community members and local agencies and institutions this internship offers an opportunity to experience many facets of operating and growing a grassroots community organization.
• Monitor and assist with email communication
• Coordinate meeting logistics (scheduling, agendas and minutes)
• Provide bookkeeping support
• Assist with program coordination and fundraising efforts
• Maintain social and print media and assist with marketing and community outreach
• Support garden and community programs and events
• Enthusiasm for fresh, local food and/or urban agriculture
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and social media experience
• Self-motivated, independent worker, capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
• Comfortable working in a nontraditional work environment
Funding: $3000, Available through the Miller Worley Center for the Environment Summer Leadership Fellowship Program; see application instructions.
Along with the Universal Application students must submit a cover letter describing their interests, experiences, and how this internship fits their career interest, a resume, writing example and three references with contact information.