Mount Holyoke College is committed to building, renovating, and maintaining its campus buildings to maximize energy efficiency and minimize other environmental impacts of the construction, renovation and ongoing use of campus buildings. To support this goal, specific objectives include:
- designing all new construction to LEED™ silver or the equivalent with an emphasis on minimizing lifetime energy use
- renovating buildings using Mount Holyoke’s Environmentally Responsible Principles and Guidelines
- utilizing an integrated design approach will be used to identify green design options at the early stages of the design process
- conducting energy modeling on all new construction
- commissioning new construction and establishing a schedule for the re-commission of those buildings
Many buildings on campus have already been built or renovated to conform to LEED™ standards.