Questions? We're happy to help you! Contact us:
Phone: 413-538-2291, phone hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm
Stop by: 8:30am to 5:00pm. (Summer hours: Close at 4:00)
Walk-ins welcome-no appointment necessary! Come visit us at 16 Skinner Hall.
U.S. citizens and permanent residents: Must re-apply annually for financial aid. Both the FAFSA and the Profile are required to apply for need based financial aid from Mount Holyoke and are due February 1. If you are applying for federal aid only, than just the FAFSA is required; the FAFSA may be filed at any point during the academic year.
International students: Do not reapply for financial aid.
Merit aid: Renewed automatically for students in good academic standing.
Frances Perkins Students- please click here.
To receive full consideration for need-based institutional funds be sure to follow these application requirements:
- View your requirements: financial aid online. Check periodically as requirements may change.
- Look for reminders in your MHC email; We do not mail/email reminders to parents so please share this information.
- Meet the February 1 due date: Late applications are subject to a $500 decrease in grant and a corresponding increase in student self-help (loan or campus employment). Applications completed after July 1 may not receive full consideration for institutional funding.
- FAFSA: MHC school code: 002192
The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for federal financial aid including grant and loan assistance. When filing the FAFSA, we strongly recommend that you choose the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer student and parent federal tax income information directly into your FAFSA. You may return to your FAFSA and select this option if you did not chose it initially. (How to complete the FAFSA, including using the DRT.)
- CSS / Financial Aid PROFILE: MHC code 3529
The PROFILE is used to determine eligibility for need based institutional financial aid. (Do not file the PROFILE if applying for federal aid only.) If your biological or adoptive parents are separated, divorced, or were never married and do not live together, your noncustodial parent must also complete the PROFILE. For more information please review our non custodial parent policy.
- Federal Tax Return and W2 Documents
Federal tax return and W2 documents are not required of all current students reapplying for aid. Students who are required to submit federal tax return documents to IDOC will see a notification when they file the Profile about what documents should be uploaded to IDOC. If we require only W2 forms, and not the federal tax returns, please email the W2 forms directly to us: email@example.com. Please be sure to redact all social security numbers from any documents that you send us. Check financial aid online to view your specific requirements.
To comply with federal regulations, we must collect additional documentation from students selected for verification. (Selection occurs by the Department of Education after the FAFSA has been filed.) This documentation consists of a completed, academic year specific Verification Worksheet and a Tax Return Transcript, if the IRS DRT was not used. If you have been selected for verification, the Verification Worksheet will appear as a required document under your financial aid online document tab. You may click on the document link and then print and complete the document.
- Make sure the FAFSA and the PROFILE are esigned and correct social security numbers are used.
- Students on leave planning to return for the fall and/or spring semester should still complete all requirements by February 1.
Notification of Aid Eligibility
Students with completed applications by February 1 will receive an email with financial aid eligibility information in mid-May.