The Library Court can sometimes be made available to the College community as an exhibit space. Exhibits will be hosted at the discretion of the Library Director and, keeping in mind that this is primarily a research and study space, exhibits would need to meet the following guidelines:
- To increase student, faculty and staff awareness of library collections, services, and events.
- To promote circulation and use of the collection.
- To highlight College events or events of local significance, especially as they relate to library resources.
- To highlight student course work or projects from MHC Student Organizations.
- To enlighten library users and contribute positively to the library's environment.
Please contact Krista Denno at least one month in advance to reserve space for a display. A "first come, first served" policy is practiced. Each group requesting space in the library court yard may request space for one exhibit per academic year only. In addition, exhibitors should bear in mind the following practical considerations:
- The exhibitor will be responsible for the installation and removal of the display.
- The Library is not responsible for damage or theft of items from the display.
- Storage for display items owned by the exhibitor will not be provided.
- All exhibits must include a legible sign acknowledging the individual and/or group responsible for the exhibition.
- Exhibits may not disrupt the use of the library collection or disrupt access through the Court.
- This space is not exclusively booked, and there may be several displays running concurrently.
- Nothing may be attached to the walls (ie. labels, tape, push pins, picture-hanging putty).