New Allergen Friendly Products:
- Just Mayo, a Hampton Creek product, is an allergen free "mayonnaise" product--egg free, dairy free, gluten free, and soy free.
- Dining Services has completely switched out real mayonnaise for "Just Mayo" in all of our recipes for the residential dining centers and Blanchard Cafe.
- Bottles of Just Mayo will also be available with the rest of our condiments in our dining halls.
- Blanchard Cafe will be offering both Real Mayonnaise and Just Mayo as options for any of our made-to-order sandwiches.
- Blanchard Café will also be offering real mayonnaise in our bulk condiment dispensers (outside by the cashier’s stand) and PC's (the small individual packets) of Just Mayo.
Earth Balance (vegan margarine spread)
- Will be changing from Smart Balance to Earth Balance vegan margarine spread, making all of our oils and spreads that we use soy free once we have use up the remaining inventory of Smart Balance.
Red's Best Seafood
Dining Services is partnering with Red's Best Seafood, so we can offer more locally New England caught seafood on our menus.
- Red's Best is a Boston based seafood wholesaler, who aggregates catch directly from over 1000 small independent New England fishing boats annually. Their mission is to sustain the livelihoods of American fisherman and their families while sustaining fisheries for harvest.
- Red’s Best is the industry leader in seafood traceable to American fishermen. Their proprietary technology allows them to efficiently unload large fleets of small fishing boats, providing you with top quality fish from our network around the country. They believe there is value in the story of who caught your fish, where, and how, and provide you web-based tools to know your fishermen, and to tell the story of each catch. They are primary unloaders of fishing vessels and take pride in the diversity of fishermen and seafood products that they have the pleasure to work with.
- Since the catches vary week to week, our menus will indicate "catch of the day" when Red’s Best seafood is being offered on the menu.
- There will be a QR code on the posted sign at the serving line that you can scan for information about the fisherman who made the catch.
NEW ENGLAND MADE Applesauce
Dining Services will be purchasing locally grown and processed applesauce from NEW ENGLAND MADE located in West Bridgewater, MA, once their production is completed during the month of September.
- In 2014, FATBOY Foods, in partnership with the Massachusetts Farm to School Project, as well as Harvard and Tufts Universities, engaged in a pilot program to produce 1,000 gallons of delicious marinara sauce made with locally grown tomatoes. Based on the success of that first year’s project, FATBOY Foods, under the New England Made brand, produced 18,000 gallons of marinara in 2015, utilizing over 150,000 pounds of tomatoes.
- The sauce was produced locally, in West Bridgewater, MA in their AA-rated GFSI, HACCP, FDA, USDA facilities for schools, colleges, universities, institutions and CSAs across New England.
- This growing season, New England Made is introducing applesauce for institutions, featuring locally grown apples from Carlson’s Orchards in Harvard, MA and other orchards across the state. One of the things that makes Carlson's special is that they are a third generation family farm celebrating their 80th year in business. Carlson's is also 100% energy self-sufficient due to their investment in a large solar farm which generates all the energy necessary to run the farms electric needs including the processing and refrigeration need to preserve apples 11 months out of the year in 4 huge atmosphere controlled storage rooms.
- The apples used are primarily the iconic New England favorites McIntosh and Cortland. McIntosh, an old and well-known variety, is a favorite for applesauce, offering a deep red finish and sometimes carries a green blush with a juicy tangy and tart flavor. Cortland, a variety that originated in New York State, is a cross between the McIntosh and Ben Davis. It’s a much sweeter variety than the McIntosh with only a hint of tartness. Cortland has a tender snow white flesh that resists browning and makes and excellent choice for applesauce.
- The apples being used this year for their sauce will be made out of McIntosh, Cortland and later in the season, Macoun.
Farm to College Week - September 25th - 29th
- Dining Services will be featuring locally grown food and beverages throughout the week in all dining operations.
- Daily locally grown fresh apple displays in all dining halls.
- Featured vendors in Blanchard Campus Center from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Monday thru Friday.
- Sustainable Gracious Dinner Meal - Thursday, September 28th
Board Plan / Dining Operations Reminders:
- Each full board student will receive 3 guest meal passes per semester in order to give you more flexibility when you have guests on campus and when using your $30 of Dining Dollar$.
- The lunch and dinner meal swipe value for Blanchard Cafe is $7.50.
Abbey – Buckland Dining Hall:
- Offers Halal meat menu options on Tuesdays and Thursdays for lunch and dinner meal service.
- Will continue to offer a Noodle Bar every Wednesday at lunch.
Rockefeller (Rocky) Dining Hall:
- Monday thru Thursday, Rocky will be featuring a daily “Culinary Classics” special located in the refrigerated display case next to the serving line with items like pre-made salad bowls, sandwiches, and wraps.
Ham-MacGregor Dining Hall:
- Monday thru Friday, Ham-Macgregor will be featuring a daily “Culinary Classics” special located in the refrigerated display case next to the serving line with items like pre-made salad bowls, sandwiches, and wraps.
- Dinner meal service ends at 7:00 PM. Prospect dining hall will be open until 7:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
Wilder Dining Hall: (Kosher Dining Hall)
- Monday thru Friday, Wilder will be featuring a daily “Culinary Classics” special located in the refrigerated display case next to the serving line with items like pre-made salad bowls, sandwiches, and wraps.
- Extended dinner meal hours at the Salad Sensations and Culinary Classics Stations by one (1) hour from 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Monday thru Friday.