Mobile apps can be useful tools on their own or as an adjunct to therapy. Please note that while some of these apps are free, there is a cost associated with others. Be sure to read the full descriptions on the app sites before downloading to determine whether they are right for you. The following links to apps are intended for the convenience of users and are not managed by Mount Holyoke College. The College does not review, control, or take responsibility for the content of those applications.
- Worry Box for Android
- Worry Box for iPhone
- Use the worry cognitive diary to help you determine how to cope with the worry. If it is controllable, you can list the steps you can take to manage the worry; if it is not controllable, select from the list of coping statements to help you think about it differently.
- SAM for iOS and Android
- Stressbusters for iOS
- Stressbusters for Android
Deep Breathing/Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Autogenic Training and Progressive Muscle Relaxation for iPhone
- Contains an autogenic relaxation session, progressive muscle relaxation, and relaxation exercises for breathing.
- Belly Bio for iPhone
- Put the iPhone on your stomach. Breathe deeply. Enjoy... For more advanced deep breathers.
- Relax Me for Android
- Based on progressive muscle relaxation, this app is designed to help you energize and unwind.
- Peaceful Breathing Lite for Android
- Set up the count for breathing in and breathing out, the tempo of the count, and how long you want the program to run.
- Breathe 2 Relax for iOS devices
- Breathe 2 Relax for Android
- Stop, Think and Breathe for iOS and Android
- Headspace for iPhone and Android
- Headspace is a free meditation program that gives you a taste of meditation practice in 10 minutes/day.
- Stop, Breathe & Think
- For iOS, Android, and Web. A friendly, simple tool to guide people of all ages and backgrounds through meditations for mindfulness and compassion.
- Mindfulness Meditation for iPhone
- Mindfulness-based technique for stress reduction have scientifically proven health benefits. Guided mindfulness meditations were written and narrated by Stephan Bodian, author of the Meditation For Dummies®.
- Insight Timer for iOS and Android
- Calm for iOS and Android
- Meditation Studio for iOS devices
- Aura for iOS and Android
- Smiling Mind for iOS and Android
- T2 Mood Tracker for Android
- T2 Mood Tracker for iPhone
- Allows users to rate and monitor their moods on six scales (anxiety, stress, depression, brain injury, post-traumatic stress, general well-being); graphs can be created to track mood changes over time. Notes can be recorded to document daily events, medications, and treatments that may be associated with mood changes.
- Happify for iOS devices
- Happify for Android
- Pacifica for iOS and Android
- Booster Buddy for iOS
- Booster Buddy for Android
- FlipHead Thought Stopping for Android
- Fliphead Thought Stopping for iPhone
This app uses the tenets of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help you learn how to control and/or eliminate the negative thoughts and beliefs that can have a detrimental impact on your body, emotions, and behavior.
- CBTi Coach for iOS devices (Note that you will receive a message about the creator of the app when it is first downloaded)
- Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson for Android
- Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson for iPhone
This application is a guided meditation intended to help you overcome insomnia and get to sleep.
- Sleep Soundly Hypnosis for Android
- Sleep Soundly Hypnosis for iPhone
This session combines guided imagery with deep relaxation techniques.
- Sleep Deeply for Android
- Sleep Deeply for iPhone
This application combines hypnotic guided imagery with sounds designed to gently guide the mind to sleep. It also includes a hypnosis session to help you rid your mind of negative thought patterns and video interviews about hypnosis to help you feel really comfortable with the process.
Sleep tracking and sleep cycle alarm that wakes you during your lightest period of sleep.
- Tide for iOS and Android