Kanae was hired in 2007 as Head Soccer Coach and Lecturer in Physical Education. Prior to MHC, she served as Head Coach of the Western United club team from 2005-2007 and assistant soccer coach at Smith College from 2005-2007. She has been a member of the New York Magic since 2003, currently serving as captain. She also competed on the Japanese National team that earned a silver medal in the World University Games 2003. She earned her coaching certification from the NCAA Women’s Coaches Academy in 2006.
In addition to coaching, she teaches a number of Physical Education courses including Yoga, Weight Training, Walking for Fitness, Badminton and Bon Odori (Japanese Spiritual Dance).
- "Getting Lost, and Finding the Way, In Tokyo," MHC Today, September 23, 2013
- "Drivers' Education in Japan: Personality Tests and 'Road Rage?'," Asia Pacific Memo, May 24, 2012
- "Harmonizing Cars and Humans in Japan's Era of Mass Automobility," The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus, November 7, 2011
- "MHC Students Conduct Oral History Project," The Republican, April 26, 2007
- "MHC Class Seeks Local Oral Histories," Office of Communications, February 6, 2007
- "New Faculty: Joshua Roth Tells Stories of Contemporary Human Migration," College Street Journal, December 4, 1998