Assistant Professor of History
Asian borderlands, transnational history, state formation, history of Buddhism in East Asia
- Review of The Dalai Lama and the Emperor of China: A Political History of the Tibetan Institution of Reincarnation, New York: Columbia University Press, 2015, by Peter Schwieger, Journal of Asian History, (Nov, 2016): 159-162.
- Review of Yonghegong: Art, Religion, and Politics in Beijing’s Lama Temple, by Kevin Greenwood, Dissertation Reviews, (March, 2014) [Link]
- Review of The Mother of All Monasteries: Gönlung Jampa Ling and the Rise of Mega Monasteries in Northeastern Tibet, by Brenton Sullivan, Dissertation Reviews, (March, 2014) [Link]
- Review of Shincho to Chibetto Bukkyo: Bosatsuo to Natta Kenryutei (Qing China and the Tibetan Buddhist World: The Qianlong Emperor who had Become a Buddhist King) [In Japanese],” by Yumiko Ishihama, The Journal of Asian Studies, 71:4 (November 2012): 1133-1135.
- Biography of the Second Mindrol Nominhan, Lobzang Tendzin Gyatso. The Treasury of Lives, New York, NY (Dec, 2014) [Link]