The following is the complete information and schedule for Individual Performance Study and all MHC Music Ensembles. Please select an audition time using the appropriate sign-up sheet.
Individual Performance Study
Sign-up sheet below:
- Voice Auditions - Friday, January 26: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Pratt Room 308
- Piano Auditions - Friday, January 26: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Pratt Room 211
- For orchestral instruments, please see the orchestra section of this page.
- For all other instruments, please contact the instructor directly.
More information about Performance Studies.
Students interested in taking chamber music should complete the Chamber Music Form online.
At the end of the first week, the department will determine which chamber music groups can be formed, and contact all students who have signed up for chamber music with information regarding their assigned chamber music group, and the professor that they will be studying with.
Auditions are held in Stephanie Council's office, Pratt 302, and take less than 15 minutes--short and painless! After hearing you sing, you will be placed into one of our wonderful choirs. Audition results will be posted and e-mailed soon after the auditions. To select an audition time, please use this online sign-up sheet.
- Tuesday, January 23: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 24: 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 25: 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Where is Pratt 302 (Stephanie's Office)?
As you enter the front double doors of Pratt Hall, take the staircase (or elevator) on your right to the next floor up. Her office is down the short hallway on the right
- When should I arrive?
Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the time slot you sign up for, as there is a form for you to fill out.
- What do I have to prepare for the audition?
A short song selection of any genre that you feel best features your voice. Classical, pop, musical theater, a folk song, a hymn or spiritual, or even "Happy Birthday"!
- What if I've never sung in a choir before?
That's perfectly okay! Choral auditions are for placement in the ensemble(s) that will best suit you. You are guaranteed a spot, even if you have never sung before or cannot read music.
Good luck, and have fun! E-mail choral director Stephanie Council with any questions.
If you are auditioning for orchestra for the first time please enter your information into the contact/experience information online form. Please email Tian Hui Ng if you cannot make any of the listed audition times, if you would like to audition before the end of the Fall Semester or to schedule an audition time for Spring Semester. Please review the audition details to prepare for your audition.
Fall Semester Auditions
To sign up for an audition time, please use this online-up sheet.
Spring Semester Auditions
The orchestra listens to much fewer auditions in the Spring term because members who are admitted in the Fall do not need to re-audition.
Students interested in auditions/interviews for private performance study should contact the instructor of the instrument directly.
Please use this online sign-up sheet to select an audition time.
Wednesday, January 24: 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. Pratt Room 210
- For Collegium,Voces Feminae, Baroque Band, Medieval Ensemble and viol, lute, recorder and Renaissance winds.
- For singers, string players and all who wish to learn an early instrument or have some experience already. Don’t worry if you have no experience- we can find a place for you! For further information, visit https://www.fivecolleges.edu/earlymusic or contact Robert Eisenstein: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flute Private Performance Auditions, contact Adrianne Greenbaum: email@example.com