The Mount Holyoke College Health Center is committed to affirming quality health care for students of all gender identities
Trans Care Services
Pronouns Matter; Tell Us Yours
We know that hearing the correct name and pronouns matter to our patients.
We are not able to change your gender marker in our system but we can update our records to include the name and pronouns you use.
When you complete the small form, Pronouns Matter, at the front desk during check in, the front desk staff will add name & pronoun to your record.
Staff members may also ask you to confirm your name and pronouns to make sure your record is up to date. We understand your name and pronouns may change between visits so please help us to respect your choices and keep your record updated. We will continue to work with our Electronic Medical Records company to create data fields you can change directly. This is an ongoing effort.
Updating ID's and Legal Documents
- How to change your legal name
- Changing Massachusetts documents
- Know your rights: getting new documents
- Travel Information for US citizens
- US Deparment of State: Gender Designation change on passport
- TransRelief: information and monetary assistance to US-based trans and GNC people looking for help with the administrative fees associated with obtaining US passports, name changes, and updating ID documents.
On Campus Resources
- Student orgs: Familia, Femmepowered
- Student housing: Mary Wooley LGBTQIA+ floor
- Cultural House: Jeannette Marks House
- MoZone Gender trainings for the entire campus community
- Title IX coordinator for gender based discrimination
- Lyon's Pride for queer alumnae/alumni, students, faculty and staff of Mount Holyoke College and their partners
- Jolene Fund provides financial assistance in the form of loans to students, including incoming students, who have lost support from their families
- TGNC - Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Support Group
- Counseling Services:
- Brief, supportive, affirming therapy
- Advocacy in accessing resources both on and off campus
- Referral to specialized community providers, as needed
- Outreach to and collaboration with students populations and organizations
Off Campus Resources
- Stonewall center local trans providers list
- Community Action Youth Programs Generation Q
- Northampton, Springfield Pride in May
- Trans Day Of Rememberance
- Cooley Dickison Hospital LGBT Program
- Bay State Health Transgender Services
- Mass Trans Political Coalition
- Find caregivers in the US and outside
- Fenway Health - Trans Health Clinic in Boston