Board of Trustees
The Mount Holyoke College Board of Trustees oversees the property, business, and affairs of the College.
President of the College
The president of the College is both the leader of educational policy and Mount Holyoke's chief executive officer. Sonya Stephens was appointed as Mount Holyoke's acting president on July 1, 2016.
Officers of the College
Mount Holyoke's academic and administrative operations are organized into six functional areas, each overseen by a Vice President.
The Officers of the College are specified in the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees and are the President, the six Vice Presidents, and the Secretary of the College:
- Sonya Stephens, Acting President
- Jon Western, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty
academic departments and programs; supporting units
- Gail Berson, Vice President for Enrollment and Dean of Admission
enrollment-related services, including admission
- Shannon Gurek, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Treasurer
financial matters and other operational functions
- Marcella Runell Hall, Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
student services and academic support
- Kassandra Jolley, Vice President for Advancement
fundraising and institutional support
- Elizabeth Conlisk, Interim Chief of Communications and Marketing
communications, marketing and public relations
- Lenore Reilly, Senior Advisor to the President and Secretary of the College
- Lori Hendricks, Director of Athletics
- Kevin McCaffrey, Director of Government Affairs and Community Outreach
- Vivian Hsu, Ombudsperson
- Alex Wirth-Cauchon, Chief Information Officer, and Executive Director of Library, Information and Technology Services
Mount Holyoke has a strong tradition of shared decision-making among its administration, faculty, and students. Students and faculty have an important role in shaping institutional policy and practice, in particular through the Student Government Association and the various standing committees.
Library of official policies governing the College, organized by area are available on the Institutional Policies website.