Mount Holyoke recognizes the importance of complying with all U.S. export control regulations and is committed to full compliance with these regulations. In practice, these rules (which have been in existence for over 50 years) have a direct impact on what research instruments, materials, software and technology, that we, as a U.S. College, can export (i.e. transfer) out of the country by any means; and in rare cases, what sensitive items and technology we can share with foreign national individuals (visa holders) working in and/or visiting our research facilities. These regulations also potentially inform what research, academic, and business partners we engage with, to the extent we avoid partnership with U.S. government restricted entities (entities of concern from an export control or economic embargoed country perspective). As such, the College has developed extensive policies, procedures and informational resources around Export Controls.
For questions or concerns regarding Export Control, please contact the Mount Holyoke Export Control Task Force by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Task Force Members:
- Laura Bundesen - Sponsored Research Officer & Task Force Chair
- Elizabeth Antonellis - Grant Accountant
- Sarah Byrne - Academic Department Coordinator
- Laura Garcia - Dir. of Campus Technology & Media Support
- Gary Gillis - Associate Dean & Dir. of the Science Center
- Jenny Medina - Immigration Advisor for International Students
- Stacey Wikar - Purchasing Director
- TBD - Dir. of Foundation Relations & Sponsored Research