How to Apply
Mount Holyoke’s IIP is selective. Internships — which are eligible for Lynk/UAF funding — are awarded based on academic background, professional goals, and the applicant’s readiness to be successful in the placement.
To prepare for your application, we recommend that you:
- Orient yourself with internship possibilities and processes through the online Lynk Summer Internship UAF Orientation.
- Consider what kind of internship best aligns with your academic and professional goals by reflecting on the Internship Advising Questions.
- If a particular internship interests you, communicate with students who have done this internship in the past. Get as much information about the host organization and country as possible.
- Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss how an international internship connects to your academic program, and chart your summer learning goals. You will need a faculty member recommendation for your application, so start early.
- Schedule a pre-application meeting with Kirk Lange, Director of International Experiential Learning, by February 22, 2018 (Please call the McCulloch Center at x2072 to schedule an appointment)
- Apply for internships