Ten Things to Try in October
Go ahead, horse around--Visiting the
equestrian center is one of the things recommended by
current and past students to everyone else at MHC.
(This is part of an occasional series of activities that current
and former students say every student should do at least once during
her MHC years.)
- Climb Mount Holyoke (if you missed it on Mountain Day, check
out the foliage this weekend).
- See the "ghost room" in Wilder.
- Sit by the lake and commune with the ducks. Look for other
wildlife all around the lakes (turtles, muskrats, frogs, geese,
fish, heron, etc.).
- Hop a bus to Boston and explore the city.
- Visit the equestrian center (even if you're not a rider).
- Explore the library without any class project in mind.
- Explore nearby towns (try shopping at Thornes in Northampton).
- Help at a local soup kitchen or other volunteer organization.
- Howl with the Lunar Howling Society (each night there's a full
- Go to an LBA dance. (It doesn't matter what your sexual
orientation is; their dances are great.)