Welcome New Students
You are at a crossroad—one at which you may feel both excited and uncertain. Remember that the College’s resources and services are here for you. Orientation is just the beginning of your transition and support is available to you during your entire journey at Mount Holyoke.
At Mount Holyoke, you have the freedom and the responsibility to construct your education and embrace many opportunities. We wish you good health and an adventurous intellectual life as you embark upon your chosen path.
Fall 2015 Orientation
- Move-in (Students and families will not be given access to their residence hall prior to 9:00 am on their designated move-in day):
International students arrive on Monday, August 31, 2015. Families are invited to stay through 6:00pm on Wednesday, September 2, 2015.
Domestic students arrive Wednesday, September 2, 2015. Families are invited to stay through 6:00pm on Wednesday, September 2, 2015.
- Convocation Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- Classes begin Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- See the Orientation Schedule for details.
Spring 2016 Orientation
International students arrive Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Domestic students arrive Thursday, January 14, 2016
- Classes begin Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- The orientation schedule for Spring 2016 will be posted in Fall 2015
Orientation Preparation Suggestions
- When you arrive, the students wearing Orientation T-shirts are leaders trained to answer questions or direct you to the appropriate persons or locations. Think of them as your ambassadors to your new community. They will serve you as such and are happy to help.
- Please always be checking the MHC Events Calendar for up to the minute information on campus happenings.
- Like us on Facebook - to get up to the minute Orientation updates!
- During Orientation, for answers to your questions about programs, transportation, dining, locations, rain plans, or anything else related to Orientation, call or drop by the Information Desk (x2045); the Info Desk is located on the middle level in Blanchard Campus Center.