These checklists will help you get ready for your arrival on campus. Make sure to check deadlines and due dates for all required paperwork.
Before Orientation: All Students
- Monitor your Mount Holyoke email account at least weekly. Important information about things like housing and registration will be sent to this email.
- Log into my.mtholyoke account and explore the site. This is where you will access course registration and other resources.
Personal and Contact Information
- Submit your name recording, cell phone number and both emergency and missing-persons contacts via my.mtholyoke (see “Demographics & Contact Info” on the self-service menu for students) between May 11 and August 1 for fall admits; between mid-August and early-January for spring admits.
- Complete the Personal Data Form by August 30 for fall admits and by December 1 for spring admits.
- Take the New Student Survey! This survey helps the College better understand the academic and social programmatic needs of our entering students, so please take the time to inform as about your expectations for your college experience. You will receive an email invitation August 1 to take the survey. This invitation will go to your MHC email, not a personal one. Email Liz Laird with any questions.
- Review the Academic Calendar 2019-2020.
- Review the First Year Guide to prepare for advising and registration.
- Complete all applicable placement exams.
- Complete your online advisor questionnaire from May 14-June 30 for fall admits and between mid-October and by December 1 for spring admits. Spring admits should answer both the "New Student's Initial Info for Advisor" questionnaire and the "Summer Activities" questionnaire available in my.mtholyoke's Inform Your Advisor self-service function.
- Participate in (optional) advising video chats in early June for fall admits and email advising at the end of October for spring admits. If you are considering a career in a health profession (Medicine, Veterinary, Physician's Assistant, Physical Therapy, Optometry, etc.), please be sure to contact our pre-health advisor, Katie Lipp. She can discuss which classes you should register for.
- Submit your First Year Seminar preferences between May 7 and May 15 per the email instructions sent to fall admits on or before May 7. Spring admits will receive instructions in mid-October via email for submitting their preferences by October 23.
- Register for classes from June 10 – 28 for fall admits and, for spring admits, beginning November 8 in the late afternoon. (Spring admits should check "Approvals, Holds, and Registration Access times" in my.mtholyoke in early November to get the date and time range during which they can register. Although start times vary in the late afternoon on November 8, registering on November 8 in the evening or first thing the morning of the 9th will give priority access to first-year courses.)
- Read the Common Read, and if you order from The Odyssey, Mount Holyoke's local bookstore, tell them you are an incoming MHC student and receive 20% off the book!
- Complete all health forms by July 1 for fall admits and December 1 for spring admits. Students will not be allowed to pick up keys or check into housing if Health Forms have not been received by College Health Services. Note: Varsity athletes must submit the sports clearance packet and meet all health requirements prior to July 1.
- Make arrangements for all prescription medications to be transferred to the Community, Walgreens Pharmacy for delivery to Pattie Groves Health Center for ease of pick up.
- Enroll in the student health insurance plan or submit health insurance waiver request by July 31 or January 5 for spring admits if you have family health insurance that will meet the Massachusetts minimum coverage criteria (Domestic students only). Enrollment for spring/summer coverage opens in December.
- Complete the Everfi education module, an online program designed to help students make healthier decisions related to alcohol and other drugs. An invitation will be sent via email.
- Review information on eBills and setting up authorized users to receive the monthly billing notices. Fall payment is due July 31 and spring payment is due January 5.
- Notify Student Financial Services of any outside scholarships you may be receiving.
- Check Financial Aid Online and submit all missing financial aid documents if you haven't done so already, (Financial Aid Online will be available to incoming students May 10.) Domestic students complete federal loan counseling and loan promissory notes online at studentloans.gov. International students complete loan documents when they arrive on campus.
- Review GradGuard Tuition Refund Insurance information.
- Bring your completed federal tax, state tax, direct deposit and I9-Employment Eligibility forms in order to work on campus. You will need to choose an original form of identification from the list located on the back of the I9 form to present to Payroll representatives, and provide them with a copy of the identification, as well. Only required for students who do not need a visa to enter the U.S., all international students should attend the work clearance session during International Student Pre-Orientation.
- Review the new student information provided by Residential Life.
- Complete your housing form in Residence. The application will be available May 16 and due June 23 for fall admits and open November 1 and due December 1 for spring admits.
- Review the recommended packing list.
- Review Student Property Insurance information.
- Know your move-in date and begin to solidify travel plans as soon as possible.
- If you are booking a round-trip flight, be sure to select your return flight on or after the last day of final exams.
- Get directions to campus and review the campus map.
- Contact AccessAbility Services if you anticipate needing academic, dining housing and/or student employment accommodations.
Before Orientation: International Students
In addition to the items required on the 'Before Orientation: All Students list,' international students should also complete the following.
- Review International Incoming Students site, and the Handbook for International Students.
- Complete Visa Document Request by May 31 for fall admits and September 30 for spring admits.
- Complete your Certificate of Finance Form.
- Complete Fall Arrival Form by Friday, August 10 for fall admits and the Spring Arrival Form by Friday, January 4 for spring admits.
- Let us know if your parent, family members, and or guests will be traveling with you to Mount Holyoke by filling out this form.
Before Orientation: Varsity Student-Athletes
- Varsity student-athletes must complete the “Intent to Return Early” form (sent by the Department of Physical Education and Athletics), due June 1.
- Varsity student-athletes must submit the sports clearance packet and meet all health requirements prior to July 1.
- Recruited varsity student-athletes in the sports of cross country, field hockey, rowing, soccer, or volleyball are expected to attend preseason practices. Contact the head coach to confirm your move-in date before making travel plans.
We are excited to offer a few opportunities for new students to connect to each other and to upper-class Orientation Leaders as well as staff and faculty before your arrival on-campus in August. You can:
- Join the 2023 Mount Holyoke Facebook group
- Join the 2023 Mount Holyoke WeChat group
- Follow mhc2023 and MHCStudentLife on Instagram
- Use our hashtags #WelcomeMoHome #MyMoHome #MountHolyoke2023
You can also join us for a number of webinars that cover important aspects of your transition to Mount Holyoke! Please note, these will be hosted in Zoom, which is a video conferencing platform, and the application will need to be downloaded ahead of time. You can click the links to the webinars below, and make sure to check out social media in the days leading up to the webinars as the Orientation team asks for your questions in regards to these topics.
- Friday, June 14 - Residential Life: Roommates and Living-Learning Community
- Monday, July 8 - Academic Life at Mount Holyoke
- Sunday, July 21 - Social Life and Navigating the Pioneer Valley
- Sunday, August 4 - Being Involved at Mount Holyoke
- Sunday, August 18 - Move-In and Your First Weeks at #MoHome
Welcome to Mount Holyoke College! We're so happy you're here. Here is some information about how we will welcome you, and the Family Resource Fair.
International Students - Tuesday, August 27 and Wednesday, August 28
10 am - midnight (or until last plane arrives)
New international students arriving at Bradley International Airport will be met by upper-class international students and Orientation Leaders! All other new international students should check in at Blanchard 205 and 227 where they will pick up keys, receive orientation materials and much more.
Students can eat lunch and their guests are welcome to purchase lunch at the Community Center Dining Commons.
International and Domestic Students - Friday, August 30
8 am - noon
Welcome Tent and Family Resource Fair
Room keys, Orientation schedules, breakfast, and a resource fair for new students and families.
- Complete Orientation evaluation, which will be sent to you electronically.
- Learn how to get involved on campus at the Involvement Fair Sunday, September 8.
- Come to more events, such as Convocation and Nightfest!
- Get involved with #WelcomeMohome