These checklists will help you get ready for your arrival on campus. Make sure to check deadlines and due dates for all required paperwork.
Before Orientation: All Students
- Review Academic Calendar 2018–2019
- Submit your First Year Seminar preferences between May 5 and May 16 per the email instructions sent to fall admits on May 4. Spring admits will receive instructions in mid-October via email for submitting their preferences by October 23.
- Complete your housing form at this link, application available to you May 16 and due June 24 for fall admits and open November 1 and due December 1 for spring admits.
- Complete all health forms by July 1 for fall admits and December 1 for spring admits. Students will not be allowed to pick up keys or check into housing if Health Forms have not been received by College Health Services.
- Waive health insurance by July 31 if you have comparable coverage, and by January 5 for spring admits (Domestic students only).
- Review the First Year Guide to prepare for advising and registration.
- Complete all applicable placement exams, to prepare for registration.
- Participate in (optional) advising video chats in early June for fall admits and the end of October for spring admits. If you are considering a career in a health profession (Medicine, Veterinary, Physician's Assistant, Physical Therapy, Optometry, etc.), please be sure to contact our pre-health advisor, Katie Lipp. She can discuss which classes you should register for.
- Register for classes from June 11–June 29 for fall admits and, for spring admits, beginning November 8 in the late afternoon. (Spring admits should check "Approvals, Holds, and Registration Access times" in MyMountHolyoke in early November to get the date and time range during which they can register. Although start times vary in the late afternoon on November 8, registering on November 8th in the evening or first thing the morning of the 9th will give priority access to first-year courses.)
- Complete your online advisor questionnaire from May 14-June 30 for fall admits and between mid-October and by December 1 for spring admits. Spring admits should answer both the "New Student's Initial Info for Advisor" questionnaire and the "Summer Activities" questionnaire available in MyMountHolyoke's Inform Your Advisor self-service function.
- Submit your cell phone number and emergency & missing-persons contacts via MyMountHolyoke (see “Demographics & Contact Info” on the self-service menu for students) between May 11 and August 1 for fall admits; between mid-October and early January for spring admits.
- Review information on eBills and setting up authorized users to receive the monthly billing notices. Fall payment is due July 31 and spring payment is due January 5.
- Notify Student Financial Services of any outside scholarships you may be receiving.
- Complete the Personal Data Form by June 30 for fall admits and by December 1 for spring admits.
- Bring your completed federal tax, state tax, direct deposit and I9-Employment Eligibility forms in order to work on campus. You will need to choose an original form of identification from the list located on the back of the I9 form to present to Payroll representatives, and provide them with a copy of the identification, as well. Only required for students who do not need a visa to enter the U.S., all international students should attend the work clearance session during International Student Pre-Orientation.
- Check Financial Aid Online and submit all missing financial aid documents if you haven't done so already. Complete loan counseling and loan promissory notes online per instructions sent by Student Financial Services.
- Review GradGuard Tuition Refund Insurance information.
- Review the recommended packing list.
- Check out the one stop shop MHC partners with to provide you with all your residence hall needs! From linens to towels to storage, these amazing offers will make putting together your room easy, affordable and fun! For more information, click here: International Students and Domestic Students.
- Contact AccessAbility Services if you anticipate needing accommodations.
- Make arrangements for all prescription medications to be mailed or transferred to the Pattie Groves Health Center.
- Complete the Everfi education module. Fall admits will receive an invitation early August, and it will be due at midnight on August 23.
- Read the Common Read, and if you order from The Odyssey, Mount Holyoke's local bookstore, tell them you are an incoming MHC student and receive 20% off the book!
- Review Student Property Insurance information.
Before Orientation: International Students
In addition to the items required on the 'Before Orientation: All Students list,' international students should also complete the following.
- Complete Visa Document Request by May 31st for fall admits and September 30th for spring admits.
- Complete your Certificate of Finance Form.
- Complete Fall Arrival Form by Friday, August 10 for fall admits and the Spring Arrival Form by Friday, January 4 for spring admits.
- Review International Incoming Students site, and the Handbook for International Students.
- Let us know if your parent, family members, and or guests will be traveling with you to Mount Holyoke by filling out this form.
Welcome to Mount Holyoke College! We're so happy you're here. Here is some information about how we will welcome you, and the Family Resource Fair.
International Students - Wednesday August 29
10:00am - midnight (or until last plane arrives)
New international students arriving at Bradley International Airport will be met by upper-class international students and Orientation Leaders! All other new international students should check in at Blanchard 205 and 227 where they will pick up keys, receive orientation materials and much more.
Domestic Students - Thursday August 30
Welcome Tent and Family Resource Fair, Woolley Circle
8:00am - noon
Come to the Welcome Tent to receive your orientation materials, room key, academic advising packet, and to explore the many support and well-being resources available on campus, from health services to student involvement and everything in between! Ask questions, gather information, and get to know your new community!