These checklists will help you get ready for your arrival on campus. Make sure to check deadlines and due dates for all required paperwork.
Before Orientation: All Students
- Review Academic Calendar 2017–2018
- Submit your First Year Seminar preferences between May 5 and May 17 per the email instructions sent to fall admits on May 5. Spring admits will receive instructions in mid-October via email for submitting their preferences by October 19.
- Complete your housing form at this link, application available to you May 16 and due June 24 for fall admits and open October 21 and due December 1 for spring admits.
- Complete all health forms by July 15 for fall admits and December 1 for spring admits. Students will not be allowed to pick up keys or check into housing if Health Forms have not been received by College Health Services.
- Waive health insurance by July 31 if you have comparable coverage, and by January 5 by spring admits (Domestic students only).
- Review the First Year Guide to prepare for advising and registration.
- Complete all applicable placement exams, to prepare for registration.
- Participate (optional) in online advising from June 5–June 9 for fall admits and October 30–November 3 for spring admits. If you are considering a career in a health profession (Medicine, Veterinary, Physician's Assistant, Physical Therapy, Optometry, etc.), please be sure to contact one of our pre-health advisors, Katie Lipp or Jenni Sumi. They can discuss which classes you should register for.
- Register for classes from June 12–June 30 for fall admits and, for spring admits, beginning November 9 in the late afternoon. (Spring admits should check "Approvals, Holds, and Registration Access times" in MyMountHolyoke in early November to get their individualized start times for registration. They can register anytime between their start times and November 17, but registering on November 9th in the evening or first thing the morning of the 10th will give priority access to first-year courses).
- Complete your online advisor questionnaire from May 17–June 30 for fall admits and between mid-October and by December 1 for spring admits.
- Submit your cell phone number and emergency & missing-persons contacts via MyMountHolyoke (see “Demographics & Contact Info” on the self-service menu for students) between May 12 and August 1 for fall admits; between mid-August and early-January).
- Review information on eBills and setting up authorized users to receive the monthly billing notices. Fall payment is due July 31 and spring payment is due January 5.
- Notify Student Financial Services of any outside scholarships you may be receiving.
- Complete the Personal Data Form by August 30 for fall admits and by December 1 for spring admits.
- Bring your completed federal tax, state tax, direct deposit and I9-Employment Eligiblity forms in order to work on campus. You will need to choose an original form of identification from the list located on the back of the I9 form to present to Payroll representatives, and provide them with a copy of the identification, as well. Only required for students who do not need a visa to enter the U.S., all international students should attend the work clearance session on September 1st of International Pre-Orientation.
- Check Financial Aid Online and submit all missing financial aid documents if you haven't done so already. Complete loan counseling and loan promissory notes online per instructions sent by Student Financial Services.
- Review GradGuard Tuition Refund Insurance information.
- Review the recommended packing list.
- Check out the one stop shop MHC partners with to provide you with all your residence hall needs! From linens to towels to storage, these amazing offers will make putting together your room easy, affordable and fun! For more information, click here: International Students and Domestic Students.
- Contact AccessAbility Services if you anticipate needing accommodations. All students who want to attend AccessAbility pre-orientation must be registered by Friday, June 30th with the AccessAbility Services.
- Make arrangements for all prescription medications to be mailed or transferred to the Pattie Groves Health Center.
- Complete the CampusClarity education module. Fall admits will receive an invitation to complete it in the beginning of August and it will be due on August 25. Spring admits will receive an invitation on January 2, and it will be due on January 12, 2018.
- Read the Common Read, and if you order from The Odyssey, Mount Holyoke's local bookstore, tell them you are an incoming MHC student and receive 20% off the book!
- Review Student Property Insurance information.
Before Orientation: International Students
In addition to the items required on the 'Before Orientation: All Students list,' international students should also complete the following.
- Complete Visa Document Request by May 31st for fall admits and September 30th for spring admits.
- Complete your Certificate of Finance Form.
- Complete Fall Arrival Form by August 11 for fall admits and January 5, 2018 for Spring Arrival Form.
- Review International New Students site, and the Handbook for International Students.
- Let us know if your parent, family members, and or guests will be traveling with you to Mount Holyoke by filling out this form.
Welcome to Mount Holyoke College! We're so happy you're here. Here is some information about how we will welcome you, and the Family Resource Fair.
International Students and AccessAbility Students - Wednesday August 30
Welcome Center, Blanchard Campus Center Room 227
Opens at 10:00am
Orientation Leaders and the International Student Organizing Committee (ISOC) will meet International students arriving at Bradley International Airport. All other new international students and AccessAbility students will be greeted by Orientation Leaders and AccessAbility staff and should check in at Blanchard 227 to pick up keys and receive orientation materials.
Domestic Students - Friday September 1
Welcome Tent, Woolley Circle
8:00am - noon
Come to the Welcome Tent to receive your orientation materials, room key, academic advising packet, and to explore the many support and well-being resources available on campus, from health services to student involvement and everything in between! Ask questions, gather information, and get to know your new community!
- Complete Orientation evaluation, which will be sent to you electronically.
- Learn how to get involved on campus at the Involvement Fair Sunday, September 10 (Spring date will be announced).
- Come to more events, such as NightFest and First Saturday in the fall and the IceCappella Jam and Snowball in the spring.
- Attend Family & Friends weekend.
- Get involved with #WelcomeMohome