These checklists will help you get ready for your arrival on campus. Make sure to check deadlines and due dates for all required paperwork.
Before Orientation: All Students
- Review Academic Calendar 2019-2020.
- Review the First Year Guide to prepare for advising and registration.
- Complete all applicable placement exams.
- Complete your online advisor questionnaire from May 14-June 30 for fall admits and between mid-October and by December 1 for spring admits. Spring admits should answer both the "New Student's Initial Info for Advisor" questionnaire and the "Summer Activities" questionnaire available in MyMountHolyoke's Inform Your Advisor self-service function.
- Participate in (optional) advising video chats in early June for fall admits and the end of October for spring admits. If you are considering a career in a health profession (Medicine, Veterinary, Physician's Assistant, Physical Therapy, Optometry, etc.), please be sure to contact our pre-health advisor, Katie Lipp. She can discuss which classes you should register for.
- Register for classes from June 11 – 29 for fall admits and, for spring admits, beginning November 8 in the late afternoon. (Spring admits should check "Approvals, Holds, and Registration Access times" in MyMountHolyoke in early November to get the date and time range during which they can register. Although start times vary in the late afternoon on November 8, registering on November 8 in the evening or first thing the morning of the 9th will give priority access to first-year courses.)
- Submit your First Year Seminar preferences between May 5 and May 16 per the email instructions sent to fall admits on May 5. Spring admits will receive instructions in mid-October via email for submitting their preferences by October 23.
- Complete all health forms by July 1 for fall admits and December 1 for spring admits. Students will not be allowed to pick up keys or check into housing if Health Forms have not been received by College Health Services.
- Make arrangements for all prescription medications to be transferred to the Commnity, Walgreens Pharmacy for delivery to Pattie Groves Health Center for ease of pick up.
- Waive health insurance by July 31 if you have comparable coverage, and by January 5 for spring admits (Domestic students only). Enrollment for spring/summer coverage is open December 4, 2018 to January 15, 2019.
- Complete the Everfi education module. Spring admits will receive an invitation December 4, and it will be due at midnight on January 4. Students who complete the module by December 20, will be entered into a raffle for an extra guest swipe.
- Review information on eBills and setting up authorized users to receive the monthly billing notices. Fall payment is due July 31 and spring payment is due January 5.
- Notify Student Financial Services of any outside scholarships you may be receiving.
- Check Financial Aid Online and submit all missing financial aid documents if you haven't done so already. Complete loan counseling and loan promissory notes online per instructions sent by Student Financial Services.
- Review GradGuard Tuition Refund Insurance information.
- Bring your completed federal tax, state tax, direct deposit and I9-Employment Eligibility forms in order to work on campus. You will need to choose an original form of identification from the list located on the back of the I9 form to present to Payroll representatives, and provide them with a copy of the identification, as well. Only required for students who do not need a visa to enter the U.S., all international students should attend the work clearance session during International Student Pre-Orientation.
- Complete your housing form at this link, application available to you May 16 and due June 24 for fall admits and open November 1 and due December 1 for spring admits.
- Review the recommended packing list.
- Check out the one stop shop MHC partners with to provide you with all your residence hall needs! From linens to towels to storage, these amazing offers will make putting together your room easy, affordable and fun! For more information, click here: International Students and Domestic Students.
- Review Student Property Insurance information.
- Contact AccessAbility Services if you anticipate needing academic, dining housing and/or student employment accommodations.
- Read the Common Read, and if you order from The Odyssey, Mount Holyoke's local bookstore, tell them you are an incoming MHC student and receive 20% off the book!
- Submit your cell phone number and emergency & missing-persons contacts via my.mtholyoke (see “Demographics & Contact Info” on the self-service menu for students) between May 11 and August 1 for fall admits; between mid-August and early-January for spring admits.
- Complete the Personal Data Form by August 30 for fall admits and by December 1 for spring admits.
Before Orientation: International Students
In addition to the items required on the 'Before Orientation: All Students list,' international students should also complete the following.
- Review International Incoming Students site, and the Handbook for International Students.
- Complete Visa Document Request by May 31 for fall admits and September 30 for spring admits.
- Complete your Certificate of Finance Form.
- Complete Fall Arrival Form by Friday, August 10 for fall admits and the Spring Arrival Form by Friday, January 4 for spring admits.
- Let us know if your parent, family members, and or guests will be traveling with you to Mount Holyoke by filling out this form.
Welcome to Mount Holyoke College! We're so happy you're here. Here is some information about how we will welcome you, and the Family Resource Fair.
International Students - Wednesday, January 16
10 am - midnight (or until last plane arrives)
New international students arriving at Bradley International Airport will be met by upper-class international students and Orientation Leaders! All other new international students should check in at Blanchard 205 where they will pick up keys, receive orientation materials and much more.
Students can eat lunch and their guests are welcome to purchase lunch at the Community Center Dining Commons.
Make sure to check out the Family Resource Fair on Friday to explore your new community and the campus resources available to you!
International and Domestic Students - Thursday, January 17
8 am - noon
Great Room, Community Center
Welcome Center and Resource Fair
Room keys, Orientation schedules, breakfast, and a resource fair for new students and families.
- Complete Orientation evaluation, which will be sent to you electronically.
- Learn how to get involved on campus at the Involvement Fair Wednesday, January 23.
- Come to more events, such as IceCappella Jam and Snowball in the spring!