We have provided this page to address questions which our staff hear routinely. If you have any questions you think should be added to this list, feel free to call the Parking Office at x2514 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (Monday-Friday).
Do I have to register my car?
Yes; all cars parked on the campus need to be registered via my.mtholyoke or come visit us during our office hours. Student parking is $150 per year.
- 100% refunds can be issued if you return your decal within two weeks of the first day of classes
- 50% refunds can be issued for first semester parking if you scrape off and return your decal before January 1st.
- Second semester decals can be requested online and are effective as of January 1 for that semester
How can I find the Parking Rules and Regulations?
Parking Rules and Regulations are available online and from the Parking Office.
I am a student and brought a new car to campus during the break; can I park it in visitor or faculty/staff until it is registered?
No; park your car in a student space and register online or in our office.
I am a student and have a car here for a short time; do I have to pay for a semester?
The Parking Office can issue a week pass (for $10.00) or a two-week pass (for $20.00). If a car will be on campus longer than two weeks, it must be registered for the semester. Park in a student space if you bring your car overnight or on the weekend and come see us when our office opens.
I heard students can park in faculty/staff spaces at night or on weekends; is this true?
No; students must remain in student lots at all times, including weekends, nights, breaks and holidays.
I have a guest coming; do they need to register? Where can they park?
Guests do need to obtain visitor passes from the Parking Office. Their student host needs to accompany them as that student will be responsible for any citations issued to the car.
- Visitors are assigned to Equestrian Center Lot or to the Gorse Lot, or other lot as designated by the Parking Office and Campus Police based on campus need.
- Visitors Should Not Park In Student Spaces, as these are reserved for Mount Holyoke students.
- Visitor Passes for frequent visitors can be issued on a semester basis. There is no charge for this pass.
My guest is only coming for the evening; can they park anywhere near my residence hall?
Visitors without a pass can park in faculty/staff spaces in the evenings - after 5pm and before 7am the following morning.
- If they are staying later than 7 am, they can park in the Torrey lot until 9 am, allowing time to obtain a pass from the Parking Office when it opens at 8:30 am.
- Students May Not Park In Faculty/Staff Areas, even with a car without a decal.
Can I appeal a ticket?
Yes; appeal forms are available online and from the Parking Office Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Any ticket can be appealed within 7 days of the date of issue.
- The Parking Appeals Committee meets monthly and reviews appeals. They will notify you of the outcome of the appeal.
Can a student park in faculty/staff spaces during the break?
No; the Parking Rules and Regulations are the same 365 days a year, including holidays, breaks and the summer.
I have a temporary car today; how can I park and not get a ticket?
The Parking Office has temporary passes that can be issued to students, faculty and staff.
- These are provided free of charge to community members who are temporarily replacing a registered car on campus.
- Students registering a car which is not replacing an already-registered car can do so for $10.00 per week or for $20.00 for two weeks.
How many cars can I have registered on campus?
- Staff and faculty members can register no more than two cars on campus. Temporary passes can also be obtained from the Parking Office.
- Students can register only one car at a time. If they have a loaner, a temporary pass can be issued. If someone is replacing a registered car with a new one, they must scrape off and return the old decal before registering the new car.
I have a new car to replace my old car; can I put my old decal on that car?
No; a decal can only be affixed to the car for which it was issued.
- If you are replacing the car, you must scrape off the old decal and bring it to the Parking Office. You can then exchange if for a new decal for the new car.
If my car is towed, how do I get it back?
Contact the Parking Office at x2514. After hours, contact Campus Police at x2304. Any tickets on the car must be paid before a vehicle is released. The car must also be registered to be allowed to park on campus again (unless the car has been banned from campus, in which case it must be removed from campus).
When it snows, where can I or a guest park?
The college has a ban on parking in faculty/staff spaces December 1 through March 15 between 2am and 5am to allow crews to clear snow and ice, especially when it falls without notice. However, the college may have to institute additional restrictions, these will be communicated via email. Students should remain in student lots unless your lot is being cleared; email communications will let you know. if you have any questions about winter parking, please call the Parking Office at x2514.