Housing and Dining
Students who have completed their registration (by making tuition payment) for a summer course may request campus housing with a (required) meal plan on a first-come, first-served basis.
A limited number of single rooms are available for both men and women to live in a designated Mount Holyoke residence hall. Each room provides a bed, desk and chair, dresser and wireless internet. Residents should bring their own sheets and towels; laundry facilities are available in the residence hall. There are kitchenettes with microwave ovens on each floor.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served Monday to Friday buffet style in one of the College’s dining facilities. There will be no meals served on weekends.
The total cost of a single room and three meals a day (Mon-Fri only) for each five-week summer session is $1,175. There is an extra fee to stay on campus between Summer Sessions (continuous). See below for more details and registration instructions.
MHC students have the option to share a double room but must apply together. The cost for each roommate in a double room is $1,050 for each five-week summer session.
Summer Session 1 (May 27-July 2, 2014)
Check into Residence Hall: Afternoon of Monday, May 26
Dining service begins: Breakfast on Tuesday, May 27, first day of classes
Dining service ends: Dinner on Wednesday, July 2
Depart from Residence Hall: Morning of Thursday, July 3
Summer Session 2 (July 8-August 13, 2014)
Check into Residence Hall: Afternoon of Monday, July 7
Dining service begins: Breakfast on Tuesday, July 8, first day of classes
Dining service ends: Dinner on Wednesday, August 13
Depart from Residence Hall: Morning of Thursday, August 14
All students living on campus are required to have health insurance and complete a health form. The Health Center is closed during the summer, but residents will be able to call Campus Police for emergencies by calling 1-911 from a campus phone or (413) 538-2304. All student residents are required to follow Mount Holyoke College campus policies or risk forfeiting their assigned room.
Summer Housing and Dining Registration
Only students who have confirmed their Mount Holyoke PAGE summer course enrollment with payment may register for the summer housing and meal plan. Eligible students must complete this registration form and send it with a check made out to Mount Holyoke College for the amount of their housing and dining option (see four choices below).
- Summer Session 1 -- May 27-July 2, 2014 $1,175
- Summer Session 2 -- July 8-Aug 13, 2014 $1,175
- Summer Sessions 1&2 (check out Jul 2 - return for Session 2 Jul 7) $2,350
- Summer Sessions 1&2 (continuous) May 27-Aug 13 $2,545
Send the form and check for the amount of your selected summer housing and dining option to:
Professional and Graduate Education
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075
You will receive confirmation of your summer housing and meal plan by email. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Winter session housing is available only for current Mount Holyoke students who are enrolled in Professional and Graduate Education courses.
- MHC students may request to stay on campus by completing a registration form in ISIS and documenting their enrollment in a Professional and Graduate Education winter session course.
- Residence halls will open on Thursday January 2, 2014 at 9:00 am.
- Residence hall access and meals will only be granted to residential students who register by the deadline (December 10, 2013) and are approved to live on campus.
- Mount Holyoke students who have registered to stay on campus during January will have access to meals. Ham/MacGregor Dining Center will be open. See the January Intersession Dining for details on meal times and other services.
Others may make their own housing arrangements off campus or on campus at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center and Hotel.