The Digital Innovation and Media Institute is geared towards professionals who would like to build their ability to work across media for storytelling, communications, and to be more impactful and persuasive.
Our limited residency hybrid courses are designed to support busy professionals and to maximize the best of accelerated online learning, face-to-face learning, and community building. In our summer courses, participants start the courses online, come to campus for three intensive days, and after the intensive continue building and applying knowledge with the mentorship of faculty.
This model takes the best of what happens in a professional conference and pairs it with the on-going support as learners continue to develop and evolve their skills over the course of the month.
Whether you are looking to take classes in order to start a new career or build skills for the path you are on, we can help you take the next steps.
Upcoming Summer Courses
Summer 1 (May 29 - July 6, 2018 with on-campus residencies either June 7-9 or June 10-12)
- X.MEDIA 431: Storytelling: Crafting Effective Narratives Across Media (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 429WD: Media Production: Web Design (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 426: New Media and Activism (2 cr)
- X.CMPTC 443: Data Visualization: Presenting Data to Build Understanding and Insights (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 429AP: Media Production: Audio Production (2 cr)
- X.COMM 436: Persuasive Communications (2 cr)
X.MEDIA 411: Visual Literacy and Media (2 cr)
X.WRTNG 406: Creative Inquiry and Writing a Research (2 cr)
X.PROST 429PR: Legal Topics: Intellectual Property (1 cr)
X.MEDIA 429VP: Media Production Topics: Video Production (2 cr)