The Global and Intercultural Education Institute caters to people working in the context of educational institutions, non-profit and non-governmental organizations, cross-sector partnerships, and community outreach projects. Courses in the institute equip participants with the tools to: build their own cultural competency, adapt pedagogies and resources to be more accessible to people from diverse backgrounds, support intercultural education and advocacy, and enhance diversity and equity through their work.
Whether you are looking to take classes in order to start a new career or build skills for the path you are on, we can help you take the next steps.
Global and Intercultural Education Fellowship
Fellowships provide partial tuition remission for students who have the potential to contribute to the state of knowledge and scholarship in the field. Graduate student fellows develop their capacity to become leaders in the field and contribute to Mount Holyoke College’s research, professional engagement, and global initiatives. Fellows work closely with faculty to develop fellowship projects and are encouraged to publish and present on their work.
Preference is given to degree students, but non-degree students may also apply for Fellowships.
Area of Focus: The purpose of this fellowship is to assist in unique projects and research focused on global and intercultural education, which could include working with global educational systems or learners, adapting pedagogies and resources to be more accessible to learners from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, supporting intercultural education and advocacy, or projects that help enhance diversity and equity. The work may be done in the context of formal educational institutions, non-profit and non-governmental organizations, or in cross-sector partnerships.
- X.MGMT 418: Project Management for Nonprofits and Social Entrepreneurs (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 429CU: Building Effective Organizations: 'Inclusion and Cultural Competency' (2 cr)
- X.COMM 413: Building Bridges: Facilitating Courageous Conversations (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 429MM: Building Effective Organizations: Mentorship Models to Grow Leadership (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 441: Diversity and Intercultural Management (2 cr)
- X.COMM 436: Persuasive Communications (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 416: Participatory Community Development (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 436: Creating and Sustaining Public-Private Partnerships (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 452: Fair Trade & Sustainable Tourism (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 426: New Media and Activism (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 431: Storytelling: Crafting Effective Narratives Across Media (2 cr)