The Master of Arts in Teaching program starts every year with a 3-day hands-on immersive and interdisciplinary learning experience and provides students with frequent, highly personalized advising throughout their learning. Mount Holyoke College partners with EL Education and our pedagogy is deeply rooted in social justice and transformational education.
- Accelerated one year option
- Opportunities to student teach in urban, rural, public, charter or independent schools
- Year-long teaching placement using an apprenticeship model
- Ability to earn an additional license, while completing an initial license and Masters degree
- One of only three institutions in western Massachusetts to offer the teacher of English Language Learners license
- Programs in Holyoke and Amherst public school districts with unique pathways programs for paraprofessionals of color and teachers on waivers.
- Partnership with EL Education - a student-centered, project-based pedagogy with a focus on character building and student ownership.
- Our faculty are practicing teachers currently working in public school classrooms who understand the needs of a complex and diverse set of PK-12 learners
- Integrated teaching and learning model where licensure candidates collaborate, coach and co-plan with peers to effectively reach and teach all learners
- 49% of our former students work in critical-need subject areas or districts
- 90% of our teacher candidates are employed in education within a year of graduation
- Passionate, service-oriented students who strengthen our cohort with leadership skills, a purpose-driven mindset and a clear commitment to inclusivity