Emily McDowell, MAT ‘18
Associate Director of College Counseling at The Williston Northampton School
Is this program right for you?
Professional development created by independent schools faculty for independent schools faculty.
This program is specially designed for full-time educators working in independent schools seeking professional development opportunities to enhance their teaching and/or prepare for leadership roles.
Download the Independent Schools Program flyer.
What you learn
Classes can be taken individually or in pursuit of certificates of competency (12 credits). Many courses also offer a non-credit version for a reduced cost.
Specialized Independent School Courses
- Independent School: Beyond the Classroom
- Advising & Counseling Students Beyond the Classroom
- Coaching & Athletics
- Independent Schools: New Teachers Seminar
- Independent Schools: Experienced Practitioners Seminar
- Seminar on Effective Teaching and Learning Strategies for Practitioners
Learn more about the Independent School Program Courses.
Where and how you learn
Our program allows you to balance work, family, and other life responsibilities while taking graduate courses. You can attend summer classes on campus or from anywhere in the world via videoconference. During the school year our evening courses are offered in an interactive online format.
Classes can be taken individually or in pursuit of certificates of competency (12 credits).
If you’re considering a master’s degree, institute courses can be counted toward a related degree field of study.
- Independent Schools Program
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Teacher Leadership
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Licensure Programs
Have a question?
For more information contact us at 413-538-3478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.