This program is specially designed for full-time educators working in independent schools who want to enhance their teaching and prepare for leadership roles. The program has two tracks: one for early career teachers and the other for teacher leaders ready for new professional growth. Courses taken in this institute can be applied toward a degree program.
Courses can be taken in online, hybrid, on-campus and accelerated formats to provide flexible options for busy professionals.
- X.EDUC-419 Independent Schools: New Teachers Seminar Practice (2 cr)
- X.EDUC-452AC Topics in Social-Emotional Learning and Development: 'Advising and Counseling Students Beyond the Classroom' (2 cr)
- X.EDUC-452AT Topics in Social-Emotional Learning and Development: 'Coaching and Athletics' (2 cr)
- X.EDUC-459 Independent Schools: Experienced Teachers Seminar Practice (2 cr)
- X.EDUC-476 Independent School: Beyond the Classroom (2 cr)
- X.EDUC-477 Seminar on Effective Teaching and Learning Strategies for Practitioners (2 cr)