The M.A.T. with initial licensure is a 36-credit program that a full-time student can complete in under 11 months, from August to the following June. Part-time students can complete requirements at their own pace, although they will eventually need to complete the program's capstone: a full-time, semester-long teaching practicum during the spring semester. Coursework for the M.A.T. is delivered in 3 sessions: summer, fall, and spring. Students are expected to maintain a B grade in all courses.
Mount Holyoke College offers licensure at the following levels:
- Early Childhood: Grades PreK - 2
- Download the Early Childhood Curriculum Map
- Elementary School: Grades 1 – 6
- Download the Elementary Curriculum Map
- Middle School: Grades 5 – 8
- Download the Middle School Curriculum Map
- Secondary School: Grades 8 – 12
- Download the Secondary School Curriculum Map
While the M.A.T. is designed to be a continuous, 11-month program, part-time students can complete requirements at their own pace. Students will work with an advisor to design a manageable plan to complete program requirements in a way that fits into a busy lifestyle.