- All students must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to beginning the M.A.T. program.
- An undergraduate major—or demonstrate equivalent subject area knowledge—in desired teaching discipline.
- A passing score on the appropriate Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) - if you have not yet taken the MTEL, you are still able to apply to the M.A.T program. When you meet with an advisor, they will provide further details on the timing of the necessary tests your particular license requires.
- Complete the M.A.T. application. The 2016-2017 online application will be available November 2015.
- Upload all supporting materials via the online application, except your official transcripts which need to be mailed into: Professional and Graduate Education, Attn: Amy Nichols, Mount Holyoke College, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted for an interview by mid-February which can take place either in person, by telephone or SKYPE.
- Meet with an M.A.T. advisor. You are invited to contact the M.A.T faculty to set up a meeting to discuss the program requirements, and for advice on the selection of, and preparation for, the appropriate MTEL.
The following items constitute a complete application for the M.A.T. program:
- Online application.
- Official transcripts bearing signature and seal from each educational institution attended, as listed on your application.
- Evidence of a passing score on the appropriate MTELs (or registration for these tests).
- Two letters of recommendation, ideally including one from a professor in your undergraduate major.
Send all transcripts and score information to:
Professional and Graduate Education
Attn: Amy Nichols
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
- The 2016-2017 online application will be available in November 2015.
- Preferred Application Deadline: January 15. (Applications and supporting materials will be accepted through May 2016.)