- All students must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to beginning the M.A.T. program.
- Students who apply to this program generally have a 3.2 undergraduate GPA. If you have any questions, please contact an advisor.
- An undergraduate major—or demonstrate equivalent subject area knowledge—in desired teaching discipline.
- A passing score on the appropriate Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) - if you have not yet taken the MTEL, you are still able to apply to the M.A.T program. When you meet with an advisor, they will provide further details on the timing of the necessary tests your particular license requires. For information on the MTEL Pass Rate, please click here.
- Complete the M.A.T. application. The 2017-2018 online application will be available November 2016.
- Upload all supporting materials via the online application, except your official transcripts which need to be mailed into: Professional and Graduate Education, Attn: Amy Nichols, Mount Holyoke College, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted for an interview by mid-February which can take place either in person, by telephone or SKYPE.
- Meet with an M.A.T. advisor. You are invited to contact the M.A.T faculty to set up a meeting to discuss the program requirements, and for advice on the selection of, and preparation for, the appropriate MTEL.
The following items constitute a complete application for the M.A.T. program:
- Online application.
- Official transcripts bearing signature and seal from each educational institution attended, as listed on your application.
- Evidence of a passing score on the appropriate MTELs.
- Two letters of recommendation, ideally including one from a professor in your undergraduate major.
- Personal Statement.
Send all transcripts and score information to:
Professional and Graduate Education
Attn: Amy Nichols
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
- The 2017-2018 online application will be available in November 2016.
- Preferred Application Deadline: January 15.
- Second Round Application Deadline: March 15.