How to Apply
- All students must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to beginning the M.A.T. program.
- An undergraduate major—or demonstrate equivalent subject area knowledge—in desired teaching discipline.
- A passing score on the appropriate Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) - if you have not yet taken the MTEL, you are still able to apply to the M.A.T program.
- Complete the M.A.T. application. The 2014-2015 online application is now open and you may submit your application now.
- Upload all supporting materials via the online application, except your official transcripts which need to be mailed into: Mount Holyoke College Admission, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted for an interview by mid February which can take place either in person, by telephone or SKYPE.
- Meet with an M.A.T. advisor. You are invited to contact the M.A.T faculty to set up a meeting to discuss the program requirements, and for advice on the selection of, and preparation for, the appropriate MTEL.
The following items constitute a complete application for the M.A.T. program:
- Online application.
- Official transcripts bearing signature and seal from each educational institution attended, as listed on your application.
- Evidence of a passing score on the appropriate MTELs.
- Two letters of recommendation, ideally including one from a professor in your undergraduate major.
Send all transcripts and score information to:
Master of Arts in Teaching Program
Office of Admission
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
- The 2014-2015 online application is now open.
- Preferred Application Deadline: January 15 (Applications and supporting materials will be accepted until May 30th).