WMMP Mission Statement
We strive to bring PreK-16 math educators in Western Massachusetts together to learn from each other in order to improve student learning. We do this by facilitating opportunities to explore and appreciate mathematics and math teaching practices with a growth mindset. We believe this enables educators to support diverse learners who believe in themselves.
- We believe in the value of vertical collaboration across our community of PreK-16 educators.
- We are lifelong learners, exploring mathematics for both our professional and personal growth and enjoyment.
- We believe that everyone has a “math mind.” Therefore, we value the ideas and thought processes of all members of our learning community.
- Math education is a distinct area of expertise, requiring strong conceptual understanding and appreciation of specific habits of mind.
- Authentic math experiences, such as inquiry and discourse, are necessary to truly engage learners.
WMMP Virtual Book Series
Our planning group has selected THREE titles to choose from this summer! Please note that there is no charge to join – just pick up a copy of the book and jump on the Zoom link!
- NCTM’s Catalyzing Change in High School Mathematics: Initiating Critical Conversations
- Digging Deeper: Making Number Talks Matter, Grades 3-10 (Parker and Humphreys); and
- The Learning Framework in Number; Pedagogical Tools for Assessment and Instruction (Wright & Ellemor-Collins).
Please follow this link to learn more about each title, how to purchase a book, and the meeting dates!
Reentry Discussion Group
We will also be launching a Reentry Discussion Group and a Math Interventionists PLC soon – so stay tuned!
WMMP Members Offering Tutoring Services
Looking for a great Tutor?
Four longtime math educators and WMMP members are excited to announce that they have formed a company with a vision for improving math teaching and learning. They are starting by offering online math tutoring and hope you will stop by their website at https://www.summitviewlearning.com to see what they’re all about!
- Academy at Charlemont
- Agawam Public Schools
- Amherst College
- Amherst Public Schools
- East Longmeadow Public Schools
- Easthampton Public Schools
- Elms College
- Frontier Regional School District
- Gill-Montague Regional Public Schools
- Greenfield Community College
- Greenfield Public Schools
- Hadley Public Schools
- Hampden Charter School of Science
- Hampden-Wilbraham Public Schools
- Hampshire College
- Hampshire Regional School District
- Holyoke Community College
- Holyoke Public Schools
- Landmark College
- Longmeadow Public Schools
- Ludlow Public Schools
- Mohawk Trail Regional Public Schools
- Mount Holyoke College
- Northampton Public Schools
- Pioneer Valley Performing Arts Charter School
- Smith College
- South Hadley Public Schools
- Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District
- Springfield College
- Springfield Public Schools
- Union 28 School District
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Ware Public Schools
- West Springfield Public Schools
- Western New England University
- Westfield Public Schools
- Westfield State University
Are you interested in improving the teaching and learning of mathematics?
We are offering eight $10,000 scholarships for educators from the Western Massachusetts Mathematics Partnership (WMMP) who enroll in Mount Holyoke College’s Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics. If you are interested in applying for the program and this scholarship, visit: Online Application.
Start the application for the Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics
Start the application for Scholarship/Financial Aid
- Select “Emerging Leader” from the list of options
- Select the box indicating you are a WMMP member
- Complete the scholarship application and essay.