The focus of the Nonprofit Leadership and Educational Entrepreneurship Institute is on supporting nonprofit and entrepreneurial leaders from a range of contexts, including schools, in non-profit/public service outreach and advocacy campaigns, and where education is used to support initiatives like public health, community development, environmental stewardship, equitable justice, ending poverty, global citizenship, or peace and reconciliation. With professional development as well as organizational development coursework, there is a pathway to support your growth whether your goal is honing your own professional practice, supporting innovation and growth within your organization, developing new programming, developing partnerships and engaging the community more effectively, or creating altogether new organizations.
Whether you are looking to take classes in order to start a new career or build skills for the path you are on, we can help you take the next steps.
- X.CMPTC 443: Data Visualization: Presenting Data to Build Understanding and Insights (2 cr)
- X.COMM 405: Speaking with Confidence: Leadership for Women (1 cr)
- X.COMM 413: Building Bridges: Facilitating Courageous Conversations (2 cr)
- X.COMM 436: Persuasive Communications (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 426: New Media and Activism (2 cr)
- X.MEDIA 431: Storytelling: Crafting Effective Narratives Across Media (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 416: Participatory Community Development (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 418: Project Management for Nonprofits and Social Entrepreneurs (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 429CP: Building Effective Organizations: Creativity, Problem Solving and Decision Making (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 429CU: Building Effective Organizations: 'Inclusion and Cultural Competency' (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 429MM: Building Effective Organizations: Mentorship Models to Grow Leadership (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 436: Creating and Sustaining Public-Private Partnerships (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 441: Diversity and Intercultural Management (2 cr)
- X.MGMT 452: Fair Trade & Sustainable Tourism (2 cr)