If you’ve decided to prepare for medical school or graduate programs in other health fields, Mount Holyoke College invites you to consider our Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical Program. It’s open to women and men who have earned a B.A. from an accredited college and need further undergraduate work to meet program prerequisites. Whether you’re preparing for graduate work in medicine, nursing, veterinary medicine, dentistry, or physical therapy science, Mount Holyoke can help you achieve your goal. Graduates of the Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical Program have an outstanding record of admission to top health professions schools.
Renowned for excellence in the sciences, Mount Holyoke College is the ideal place for pre-medical preparation. Classes are small, and you’ll work closely with faculty who not only are passionate about teaching but are also accomplished researchers. Our $36 million Science Center features state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and equipment, including a scanning electron microscope, several nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers, molecular biology equipment, and a linear accelerator —unusual even in much larger institutions.
The Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical Program also offers:
- specialized pre-health advising throughout your program of study and application to professional school
- assistance in obtaining internships at local practices and area hospitals
- help with identifying research opportunities with faculty
- access to specialized courses in anatomy, animal science, nutrition, and public health through the Five College Consortium
- Kaplan MCAT courses on campus at reduced cost
- summer courses, permitting greater flexibility in planning
For more information, please complete the Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical Program inquiry form.