The Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical Program attracts students who have not completed any college-level science courses and who have a strong academic record as well as some clinical experience. Because of the restricted availability of seats in U.S. medical schools, this program is open to U.S. citizens only.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- A minimum 3.5 overall undergraduate GPA
- GRE, ACT, or SAT scores
- Application essay and interview
Tuition and Fees
Comprehensive tuition for students entering the Program during 2017 is $39,000. A non-refundable Enrollment Fee of $2,000 is due upon enrollment and is credited toward the Program fee of $39,000.
This is a one-time program fee, not a per-academic year fee, and covers the ten courses typically required for entrance to the health professions. All students may take additional courses on a per-course tuition basis for $3,900 per course. All other academic services of the Postbaccalaureate Program including workshops, a Health Care Seminar, assistance in finding internships, advising, and application support are also covered by this program fee.
Students are also charged a Student Activities Fee.
Students may also choose to live in campus housing (limited availability) and/or purchase a campus meal plan.
For additional information, visit the Student Financial Services website.
Application Deadline: February 1
Students are admitted for summer or fall entrance only. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and early submission is encouraged. Your application form and ALL REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIALS (see below 1 - 5) must be received by our office no later than the stated deadline. Applicants are responsible for checking their applications to be certain all recommendations, transcripts, test scores, and application fee have been received call the program coordinator at 413-538-3389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Summer and Fall 2018 Online Application will open September 1, 2017 and requires the following:
- completion of the online application form
- an autobiographical essay
- official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- GRE, ACT, or SAT scores
- two letters of recommendation; at least one from an academic reference - when filling out the online application you will enter your letter writer's email address and they will receive a prompt to submit their letter to your application
Submit a $50 application fee to the following address:
Office of Admission
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075