Did You Know?
- The Professional and Graduate Education programs at Mount Holyoke offer classes throughout the entire year for people interested in professional development as well as those who are interested in masters degrees?
- We have a one year accelerated Master of Arts in Teaching Program to help you retool your skills and become qualified as a public school teacher. We use an Expeditionary Learning model (of Active, Challenging, Meaningful, Public and Collaborative learning) developed by EL Education to promote students success.
- Our Master or Arts in Teacher Leadership and Master of Arts in Mathematics Teaching are both offered in online and hybrid formats.
- There are federal financial aid loan forgiveness programs for teachers to encourage people to enter and continue in the teaching profession!
- Interested in teaching but don't know where to start? Our advisors will go over your background to help guide you about the best opportunities for teacher licensure if you are interested. You can jump start it by taking a look at our Field of Knowledge Review forms that look at the past course work and experience you have in particular subject matters.
- If you already have your initial teaching license, you can do an Add-On License through us to broaden your toolset and make yourself more competitive. We offer Add-On licenses in English Language Learners/ESL, Moderate Disabilities, and New Level/Subject Areas.
Teacher Licensure Information
What else are you wondering about? Let us know so we can add more resources for you! Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-538-3478