The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has extensive experience hosting international visitors and will arrange a cultural program several afternoons a week and on Saturdays designed specifically for group participants. This program will include excursions to places of interest in and around the city, including theaters, museums, nature preserves, and historical monuments.
Program participants will have the opportunity to be placed in a supervised internship experience to gain additional language practice in a professional setting. Depending on their abilities and interests, the participants may work two or three times a week at selected social service, cultural and professional organizations to engage in specific activities or projects such as:
- Facilitation of sports or recreational activities for youth camp participants
- Designing and creating a webpage, brochure, newsletter or poster in Russian and English
- Online research, data analysis and presentation
- Reception of visitors and providing information or other hospitality services
- Development of a media campaign or organizational communications
Internship sites could include: World Ocean Museum, Kaliningrad Zoo, Baltartek International Youth Camp, Kaliningrad Tourist Agency or others, such as libraries, sport clubs or international tourist hotels.