Mount Holyoke Programs in Teacher Leadership is unique in that we offer teachers:
- Embedded practitioners that are recognized teacher leaders and state teachers of the year, co-facilitating and sharing expertise along the journey.
- Curriculum that includes both professional and personal leadership growth, created from the Teacher Leader Model Standards and the National Board Five Core Propositions.
- Opportunities to earn certificates that can help aspiring teacher leaders acquire jobs such as instructional coaches, team leaders, grade level chairs, PLC leaders, community organizers, union leaders, and more.
- Individualized teacher leadership coaching from state teachers of the year and other recognized teachers.
- Cohorts for peer support and collaboration.
- State-of-the-art videoconferencing for face-to-face collaboration in classes.
- Access to unique opportunities for professional growth, such as working with pre-service teachers and virtual mentoring.
- Convenience with courses that are available on campus or online.
- Realistic coursework that is embedded in the classroom so that educators can teach full-time (and have a personal life).
What our students say about the program:
Emily, 3rd grade teacher, MA: “Mount Holyoke's Teacher Leadership Program has broadened my perspective on the difference that I can make as a educator in the field. I am learning how to advocate for the profession, and build my network- collaborating with professionals, and learning how to create change!”
Catherine, high school social studies teacher, NY: “The MATL program has helped me grow both professionally and personally. Through our coursework, I've learned so much and have been challenged to expand my perspective, my professional networks, and my leadership skills.”
Laura, early childhood mentor teacher, VT: "This past year my goal was to go back to school to obtain my Masters. I decided to do a little research about online classes and reached out to my former professor for suggestions of schools. This is when I was introduced to the Masters of Teacher Leadership program at Mount Holyoke. Not only did this program fit for my lifestyle as a working mom of three, but opportunities for scholarships were given to help me pay for the program. So I signed up and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
I have had the opportunity to learn and grow so much in this program. The faculty is amazing and they go above and beyond to support you. I would highly recommend this program to anyone."