Teacher leadership in practice
Virtual community building
Participate in real-time online learning. Develop a lasting personal and professional network of colleagues around the globe who share your enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
Mount Holyoke Programs in Teacher Leadership
Effective teacher leaders invest in relationships, continuously engage in personal and professional improvement, and are deeply committed to equity. Our classes are built around these notions, our faculty model them in the classroom and beyond, and our students pursue projects and leadership positions that further this mission. Here’s why we are unique:
- We embed expert practitioners who are distinguished teacher leaders and state teachers of the year, as co-facilitators for our classes.
- Our curriculum is aligned with the Teacher Leader Model Standards and the National Board Five Core Propositions.
- We offer institutes for instructional coaches, team leaders, grade level chairs, PLC leaders, community organizers, union leaders, and more.
- Students receive Individualized teacher leadership coaching from state teachers of the year and other recognized teachers.
- Our cohort model facilitates worldwide peer support and collaboration.
- Our classes are taught using state-of-the-art videoconferencing for face-to-face learning and are scheduled to accommodate working professionals.
- We ensure that our course content is practical and can be personalized so you can use it in your classroom tomorrow.
What our students say about the program:
Emily, 3rd grade teacher, MA: “Mount Holyoke's Teacher Leadership Program has broadened my perspective on the difference that I can make as an educator in the field. I am learning how to advocate for the profession, and build my network- collaborating with professionals, and learning how to create change!”
Catherine, high school social studies teacher, NY: “The MATL program has helped me grow both professionally and personally. Through our coursework, I've learned so much and have been challenged to expand my perspective, my professional networks, and my leadership skills.”
Laura, early childhood mentor teacher, VT: "This past year my goal was to go back to school to obtain my Masters. I decided to do a little research about online classes and reached out to my former professor for suggestions of schools. This is when I was introduced to the Masters of Teacher Leadership program at Mount Holyoke. Not only did this program fit for my lifestyle as a working mom of three, but opportunities for scholarships were given to help me pay for the program. So I signed up and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
I have had the opportunity to learn and grow so much in this program. The faculty is amazing and they go above and beyond to support you. I would highly recommend this program to anyone."