~ extreme dialogues ~
Students, Faculty, Staff and community members are all welcome.
no prep, just
These "hot topic" dialogues incorporate techniques developed, and facilitated by the Office of Residential Life, Student Programs, the Counseling Center, Eliot House, and Dean of Students. Other staff, faculty, and student guest facilitators occasionally host the sessions.
At a TABOO dialogue, every effort is made to make space so that all personal perspectives on a topic can be shared. It's an "uncomfortable zone/safe space." A healthy place to explore ideas and feelings while leaning into your own sometimes uncomfortable growing edges. These dialogues are "one-offs" (you dont' need to enroll, or come for multiple sessions). You can participate once or often.
Students, Staff, Faculty, and Community members are welcome.
To suggest a topic or recommend a facilitator drop an email to us - Taboo.
Listing of Previous Taboo Series Dialogues
Someday, September ?? 2015, maybe 4:30 to 6pm
TABOO: your idea for next semester goes here... be in touch
Location: Blanchard Lounge (227)
Suggested Topics with faciltiators and dates tba include...
- Feeling Broke and Left Out: Facing the rising costs of belonging to a college
- Food Justice issues
- Women's relationships to "Authority" around the globe
- Invisible Femmes
- Politics of "Academic English"
- Cyberbullying / Hate Crimes vs. Freedom of Expression On-line
- Bi/Multiracial Identity and the Politics of Being Enough
- transgender culture at a historically womens' college
- media influences on 'rape culture'