Disputing a Charge
16.1 A charge may be disputed for a number of reasons:
- Merchandise has been returned but credit has not been issued
- Did not make or authorize the transaction
- Account charged but merchandise not received
- Amount charged is different than agreed upon amount
- Transaction previously billed
16.2 Cardholder should complete a Purchasing Card Program Dispute Form (Forms Section) and include the form with their monthly statement reconciliation.
Special Note: PaymentNet has specific steps for submitting and processing Disputes. These procedures are discussed in the PaymentNet Training Manual.