If a transaction must be split into multiple accounting codes:
- Click on the Transaction on Transaction screen
- Click on the Split Button In the upper left corner of the Transaction Detail screen.
Figure #14– Split Transaction
The default number of splits is set to two (2) but the transaction can be split up to ten (10) by using the pull down.
Figure #15 – Select Number of Splits
Figure #16 – Transaction Split Screen
To edit a particular row:
- Click the “Edit Row” button. This enables the user to edit accounting codes and allocate the transaction charge by either percentage or dollar amount.
To allocate by percentage:
- Click on Percent field and type the percent that will be allocated to the line’s accounting codes. The Allocated Amount field will update accordingly and re-calculate the remaining fields
To allocate by dollar amount:
- Click on the Allocated Amount field and type amount that will be allocated to the line’s accounting codes. The Allocated Amount field will update accordingly and re-calculate the remaining fields
When you finish allocating a row click the Save Row button. This will refresh the screen and enable you to edit any additional rows
Special Note: You will need to complete the Purpose of Payment field for all transactions lines that were split.
Figure #17 – Split Transaction / Save Row
When you have finished the entire split, click the Save/Split button.
Figure #18 – Save Split
When you are ready to return to the transaction listing
- Click the Return to Transaction List button located at the top of the screen.
Cancel the Split
If for some reason you do not need to create the split you can cancel it. However, you must chose this option before you save the split.
- Click the UNDO/CANCEL SPLIT button.