Academic Calendar for January Extension 2014

Extension: January 2014

  • First day of classes (though individual courses may start later -- see their course dates in ISIS to confirm):  Thurs Jan 2
  • Last day to drop course without "W" (without any record on transcript):  Thurs Jan 9
    how: send email by the deadline to if before the first class meeting. otherwise to  No tuition refund after first class meeting.
  • Last day to withdraw from course ("W" on transcript):  Weds Jan 15
    how: print Withdrawal form. have instructor sign it.  submit it to Registrar's Office by deadline.
  • Last day to request Ungraded Option (credit/no credit grading instead of a letter grade):  Weds Jan 15
    how: submit online request for Ungraded Option by deadline.
  • Last day of classes (includes final exam, if there is one for the course):  Fri Jan 17
  • Martin Luther King Holiday (College closed):  Mon Jan 20
  • Grades due to Registrar's Office, via ISIS: Mon Jan 27 11:59pm
  • Grades will be visible to students in ISIS: starting noon Tues Jan 28.
Notes, applicable to all courses:
  • Students experiencing a health or personal emergency at the end of their course who want an extension (Incomplete grade) to complete work after the last day of classes must secure the approval of Extension's Executive Director on or before the last day of the class. Extensions will not be granted after the last day of class.
  • Cancellation of classes due to inclement weather/snow is rare.  If the College closes and cancels classes, this will be announced via the MHC Weather Line 413-538-2330.  Students should assume that classes will continue unless the College closes or the instructor informs students otherwise via email.
  • Undergraduate courses taken through Mount Holyoke Extension appear on a separate Extension transcript.  Continuing Mount Holyoke undergraduate students who wish to apply Extension credits towards their Mount Holyoke degree/certificate must request that the Registrar transfer the credits.  The Registrar will then evaluate and post any transferable Extension credits to the student's undergraduate transcript, per Mount Holyoke's usual transfer credit policies.  Additional specifics about Extension transfer are available here.  To request transfer of Extension credits, email the Registrar's Office while you are still active in your undergraduate degree/certificate program.  Grades do not "transfer" (affect GPA) when Extension credits are accepted for transfer.