Dear New Student,
Congratulations on your admission to Mount Holyoke, and welcome!
Registration for new students entering the College happens in multiple stages:
- All new students entering the college in Spring 2017 will be emailed instructions on or shortly before October 13 to submit their First Year Seminar preferences list by October 19. The email will contain the URL to access the online preference form.
- Each student will then be matched to a First Year Seminar before, in November, registering for other courses through MyMountHolyoke, our online Student Information System. The registration period begins Thursday November 10 in the late afternoon and ends Friday November 18 at 11:59 pm, EST.
- During the week of October 31 to November 4, students can login to MyMountHolyoke to see their first-year seminar assignment (on "Class Schedule" within the Self-Service Academic Records menu). And then may email any questions about course selection to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your class dean, Kim Parent, will field your advising questions during this special advising week.
- In early November, Spring admits should check the "Approvals, Holds, and Registration Access Times" display in MyMountHolyoke -- on the Self-Service menu under "Registration" -- to find their individual start time for registration access on November 10 in the late afternoon. Each student can register between their start time and November 18 11:59pm, but registering on November 10 in the evening or before 10am on November 11 is recommended for priority access to first-year courses.
- All entering students will then have the opportunity to adjust their course registrations, as needed, once they arrive on campus for orientation and meet with their advisors.
In order to access MyMountHolyoke or the online form for submitting your seminar preference list, you will log on using your user name/email ID and password. This is the same username and password you have been using during the admission process. If you are in need of assistance regarding your user name/email ID, please contact the LITS HelpDesk email@example.com or 413-538-2600 weekdays 8:30am-5pm.
Before registration starts, please review the appropriate online guide for your student type. The online guide will help you access information about course planning, placement tests, etc.:
Detailed registration instructions are available within MyMountHolyoke. To access them, log into MyMountHolyoke, click on MENU in the top left corner, pick Help Site and then "Course Registration & Bill Payment." I recommend that you read the following documents in this order:
- Search for Classes
- Schedule Planning Worksheet
- Waitlist FAQ
If you have questions regarding the use of the online registration system at any time, please call the Office of the Registrar, 413-538-2025, or email our office. If you are unable to register via MyMountHolyoke, there's no cause for panic. We can help from afar....and then again anytime after you arrive on campus in January! I look forward to meeting you.
Elizabeth Pyle, Registrar