Dear New Student,
Congratulations on your admission to Mount Holyoke, and welcome!
Registration for new students entering the College happens in multiple stages:
- All new students entering the college in Fall 2018 will be emailed instructions on or shortly before May 5 to submit their First Year Seminar preferences list by May 16. The email will contain the directions access the online preference form.
- Each student will then be matched to a First Year Seminar before, in June, registering for other courses through my.mtholyoke, the College's online Student Information System. The registration period begins Monday June 11 (exact start times vary a bit by student) and ends Friday June 29 at 11:59 pm, EST. Each student may register at any time between these dates but, for best course access, registering sooner rather than later is recommended.
- During the week of June 4 through 8, students can login to my.mtholyoke to see their first-year seminar assignment (select "Class Schedule" within "Academic Records" on the Self-Service menu for students, then pick the Fall 2018 term).
- All entering students will then have the opportunity to adjust their course registrations, as needed, once they arrive on campus for orientation and meet with their advisors.
In order to access my.mtholyoke, you will log on using your MHC user name/email ID and password. This is not the username and password you used during the Admission process but the one emailed to you later. If you are in need of assistance regarding your MHC user name/email ID, please contact the Admission Office or the LITS HelpDesk.
Before registration starts, please review the appropriate online guide for your student type. The online guide will help you access information about course planning, placement tests, etc.:
Detailed registration instructions are available within my.mtholyoke. To access them, log into my.mtholyoke, click on MENU in the top left corner, pick Help Site and then "Course Registration & Bill Payment." I recommend that you read the following documents in this order:
- Search for Classes
- Schedule Planning Worksheet
- Waitlist FAQ
If you have questions regarding the use of the online registration system at any time, please call the Office of the Registrar, 413-538-2025, or email our office. If you are unable to register via my.mtholyoke, there's no cause for panic. We can help from afar....and then again anytime after you arrive on campus at the end of the summer! I look forward to meeting you.
Elizabeth Pyle, Registrar