1837 Hall

1837 Hall

1837 Hall was built in 1962 on the base of Prospect Hill, overlooking Lower Lake. It was named after the year Mary Lyon founded Mount Holyoke Female Seminary. A footbridge above the lower lake waterfall connects 1837 to the southern end of campus. 1837 Hall is located between Prospect Hall and the Mandelles, and is across Lower Lake from Pratt Hall and Ciruti Center for Foreign Languages.

Year Built 1962
Year Renovated 2005
# of Students 155
# of Floors 5
# of Singles 54
# of Doubles 48
# of Triples 0
# of Quads 0
# of Suites 0
# of Apts. 2
Basement Rooms Yes
# Sharing bathroom 24
Accessible Yes
Elevator Yes
Dumbwaiter No
Dining Hall No
Luncheon Center No
Kitchenette 2, 3, 4, 5
Full Kitchen Yes
Floor Lounges No
All Classes? Yes
FPs ? No
Quiet Floor No