Break Housing

October Break, Thanksgiving/November Break and Spring/March Break

All residence halls remain open for the October, November (Thanksgiving) and March (Spring) break periods. Limited meals served and minimal levels of campus services are available.  Students must register in my.mtholyoke for November and Spring breaks.  Please see our detailed November Break Page and Spring Break Page for students who will be staying on campus, including transportation options, community events, meal information and other helpful things.

December Break

Creighton Hall is the only hall open for December break and are only open for domestic and international students whose permanent home address is abroad.  Mexico and Canada are not considered abroad and students from those areas are not eligible to stay for December break.  Safford Hall will be used if overflow housing is needed over December break. Creighton Hall residents who do not meet the criteria to stay for the December break will be required to lend their rooms to students who must stay, Safford Hall residents might also be required to lend their rooms if overflow housing is needed.  Please note that students going on leave, withdrawing, finishing in December or returning from leave are NOT eligible to stay on campus for any breaks before or after their leave.  For example, if you are studying abroad in the Fall semester (August-December), you are not eligible to return to campus for the December Break or Intersession/J-Term that follows your leave and must plan to return when the halls open prior to when the Spring semester starts in January.  All students wishing to stay for December Break must register via my.mtholyoke.  You will be notified via email about your eligibility and assignment.

Priority for December Break housing goes to students with a need to stay for the entire December Break period.  Students who need to only stay a day or two of the break are advised to make alternative housing arrangements as space for December Break is very limited.

Intersession Housing

Students who meet eligibility requirements to return to campus for any portion of Intersession must pre-register with the Office of Residential Life.  The Registration Form can be found on my.mtholyoke, and the criteria for eligibility are outlined on that form.  Please note that students who are going on leave for the spring semester or returning from a fall semester leave are not eligible for Intersession housing.  See more information on our Intersession Housing page.

Summer Housing

A limited amount of summer housing is available for current students. If summer housing is limited, preference will be given to current students who are employed or doing research with a Mount Holyoke professor on campus for the summer months and international students. Students may be placed in double-occupancy rooms.  Students who wish to secure summer housing at the College are required to apply with the Office of Residential Life in late March to April. Guests should be accommodated off campus.  More information is available on the Summer Housing page.