Frances Perkins Student Housing Process

For new Frances Perkins scholars who would like to request on campus housing, you should connect with the Frances Perkins Progam to request housing. Please note that housing for Frances Perkins scholars are limited and requesting housing is not a guarantee of placement. The spaces designated exclusively for Frances Perkins Scholars are 57B College Street, and 3 Park Street.  FP students who choose to live on campus live in one of these apartments or in a traditional residence hall.  All the rooms in the apartments are single rooms. 

Frances Perkins students may retain their current room in one of the apartments from one year to the next. Frances Perkins students are the only students eligible to retain their rooms from year to year so it is assumed that most FP students will be taking advantage of this option.  Any student who goes on leave forfeits their ability to retain their room and will be assigned a new space for the semester in which they return. 

Frances Perkins students who choose not to retain their room should participate in the Housing Lottery Process.  FP's who participate in the Housing Lottery are not guaranteed singles, and will participate based on their class year. 

All students must have all of their obligations to the College cleared in order to be housed or to retain their space. No student will be eligible for housing that has a hold by the College (i.e. Financial Services, Health Services, or Residential Life). If you have any concerns regarding your status you should check Residence for any holds. All holds must be cleared by the deadline given each year or you will not be able to live in College housing.

Frances Perkins students are given the option of purchasing year round housing. Students who opt to stay for the summer must apply for housing through the summer housing process and will be charged a summer rental fee.  Please note that students who are going on or returning from leave during the fall semester are not eligible for summer housing.  The only FP students eligible for summer housing are those who attend the spring semester prior and the fall semester after the summer sessions. Singles are not guaranteed over the summer although we do our best to always put FP students in singles if we are able.

Being a Day Student/Going on Leave/Withdrawing

Students who wish to change residential status from on-campus to off-campus must contact the Office of Residential Life. Arrangements must be made prior to March 31st for the following fall semester and by November 1st for the spring semester.