Safford Hall

Safford Hall

Safford Hall is the second oldest residence hall on campus, built in 1897. It is one of a trio of Brigham, Safford, and Porter Halls. It was named for Deacon Daniel Safford and his wife. Deacon Safford was a contributor to the college from 1836, when Mary Lyon presented her plans for Mount Holyoke Female Seminary to him in Boston. He was a trustee of the college from 1837-1856. Safford Hall was built in the style of the renaissance movement in England.

Safford Hall houses 70 students in single and double rooms on three floors. Safford is known for its small size and intimate atmosphere. It is known for its beautiful common areas and location on campus. Safford is located between the academic green and Skinner Green, the center of campus. It is close to most classrooms and Blanchard Student Center, as well as Williston Memorial Library. Safford is also the home to the Office of Residential Life and the Ombudsperson.

Year Built 1897
Year Renovated 2008
# of Students 70
# of Floors 3
# of Singles 22
# of Doubles 24
# of Triples 0
# of Quads 0
# of Suites 0
# of Apts. 0
Basement Rooms No
# Sharing bathroom 23
Accessible Yes **1st Floor
Elevator No
Dumbwaiter Yes
Dining Hall No
Luncheon Center No
Kitchenette 2,3
Full Kitchen Yes
Floor Lounges No
All Classes? Yes
FPs ? No
Quiet Floor No