Torrey Hall

Torrey Hall

Torrey Hall was built in 1949, and was originally called Lakeside. In 1956, it was renamed Torrey Hall, in honor of Louisa Torrey (class of 1845), who was the mother of William Howard Taft. Torrey was designed by Douglas Orr, who designed Abbey and Buckland Halls as well. The resemblance between Torrey Hall and Buckland Hall is apparent. Torrey is known for a large population of athletes, due to its proximity to Kendall Sports and Dance Complex.

Torrey Hall houses 126 students in single and double rooms, as well as one quadruple room, on four floors and a mezzanine. Torrey is known for its spacious student rooms and common areas. It is located near Kendall Sports and Dance Complex, the Career Development Center, and the Patti Groves Health Center. 

Year Built 1949
Year Renovated N/A
# of Students 126
# of Floors 5
# of Singles 43
# of Doubles 38
# of Triples 0
# of Quads 1
# of Suites 0
# of Apts. 1
Basement Rooms Yes
# Sharing bathroom 23
Accessible Yes
Elevator Yes
Dumbwaiter No
Dining Hall Yes
Luncheon Center No
Kitchenette Each Floor
Full Kitchen No
Floor Lounges No
All Classes? Yes
FPs ? No
Quiet Floor No