Wilder Hall

Wilder Hall

Wilder Hall was built in 1899, with a gift given by Charles Wilder of Wellesley Hills in memory of his wife Mary Ware Wilder, a member of the class of 1852. It was designed by G. Powell Karr of New York, in the style of the Elizabethan renaissance.

Wilder Hall houses 101 students in single, double, and triple rooms on four floors. Wilder is the home of the Kosher dining hall, which opened in the fall of 2001, the first of it's kind on a college campus. Wilder is known for its location on campus and its beautiful architecture.  It is located on Skinner Green adjacent to Blanchard Campus Center. It is near most classrooms, as well as Pratt Music Building and Lower Lake. Renovated in the summer of 2004, Wilder was the first residence hall to become fully accessible. With its central location, carpeted hallways, hardwood floors, and beautiful common rooms, Wilder is popular among students.  The basement of Wilder Hall is also home to the Office of AccessAbility Services.

Year Built 1899
Year Renovated 2004
# of Students 101
# of Floors 4
# of Singles 22
# of Doubles 37
# of Triples 1
# of Quads 0
# of Suites 0
# of Apts. 1
Basement Rooms No
# Sharing bathroom 25
Accessible Yes
Elevator Yes
Dumbwaiter No
Dining Hall Yes
Luncheon Center Yes
Kitchenette 2,3,4
Full Kitchen Yes
Floor Lounges No
All Classes? Yes
FPs ? No
Quiet Floor No